I Think My "Collection" is Mostly Complete.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
OK, you guys have me realizing that I need to up my first aid game, no doubt. Will start checking around today while at work. The addiction of firearms? I know of no successful treatment for it, been lifelong for me. Even still and I'm way past senior citizen standing. One of my regular customers is 86 yo and still actively buying , trading and selling guns. Love him

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
OK, you guys have me realizing that I need to up my first aid game, no doubt. Will start checking around today while at work. The addiction of firearms? I know of no successful treatment for it, been lifelong for me. Even still and I'm way past senior citizen standing. One of my regular customers is 86 yo and still actively buying , trading and selling guns. Love him
God bless you folks!

Jeff Edwards

Fanatic
I got back into handguns 14? years ago, back into 1911's shortly after. I have owned RIA, Remington, WC, and shot a lot of others. So, I have settled on these:
Kimber TLEII in the prophet's caliber
DW PM-C in 38 Superb
Touched by Steve Owens SA RO in the minor prophet's caliber
Custom Colt by Steve Owens, also in the minor prophet's caliber.

Now, I won't lie, I would love to add a Guncrafter and NHC to the stable, but none of them really call to me. I do plan on a WWII classic 1911 one day, just to have a piece of history added to the collection. I have thought about a smaller than Commander sized 1911, but in all honestly, I think the Sig 938 fills that niche, at least for me.

Not saying I would not trade the DW or Kimber for another 1911 in their respective calibers, but I think I am done. At least for now. :)

I want to get back into taking gun classes, and look into improving my shooting. Kinda feel like I have completed a journey. And a fun one it has been, and will be.View attachment 10953
I love shooting the 45ACP, & 38 Super. Both are good carry guns, but usually carry my 3" Kimber Eclipse.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I love shooting the 45ACP, & 38 Super. Both are good carry guns, but usually carry my 3" Kimber Eclipse.
Nothing like getting together with gunner friends and have a shoot together. Bring out 3,4,5 guns from your collection so others can try them. This is Gunner's camaraderie a common bond of American Heritage. We are in this together.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Nothing like getting together with gunner friends and have a shoot together. Bring out 3,4,5 guns from your collection so others can try them. This is Gunner's camaraderie a common bond of American Heritage. We are in this together.
Agreed! Our son and grandson come over occasionally and go to the range and spend a few hours of bonding time. We so look forward to it!

Hangfire

New Fanatic
Getting long in the tooth with no heirs to pass them down to I started selling off a lot of my guns three or four years back and I'm down to what I figure I can't live without and right now I don't have any intentions of purchasing any more guns.

When thinning the herd I kept three of my 1911's all are 5", stainless and chambered in 45ACP;
1. SA Mil-Spec.
2. S & W 'E' Series.
3. Ruger SR1911.

Never having had a long slide 1911 but always in the back of my mind sort of wanting one about the only thing that would break my no more guns promise to myself would be if something like this would happen to fall in my lap for a good price.

SA long slide.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Getting long in the tooth with no heirs to pass them down to I started selling off a lot of my guns three or four years back and I'm down to what I figure I can't live without and right now I don't have any intentions of purchasing any more guns.

When thinning the herd I kept three of my 1911's all are 5", stainless and chambered in 45ACP;
1. SA Mil-Spec.
2. S & W 'E' Series.
3. Ruger SR1911.

Never having had a long slide 1911 but always in the back of my mind sort of wanting one about the only thing that would break my no more guns promise to myself would be if something like this would happen to fall in my lap for a good price.

View attachment 24348
I like the 3 1911's you've chosen to keep. That long slide is gorgeous! I keep saying I'm done buying at least for now, but things keep finding their way to my safe. My weakness besides Colt 1911's, and almost any kind of Hi Power, seems to be the older Springfield 1911's. The ones that have the crossed cannons behind the ejection port. Not sure why, but I seem to be a sucker for them, and I believe all the Springfield 1911's that own but one newer MilSpec, is one of those.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the 3 1911's you've chosen to keep. That long slide is gorgeous! I keep saying I'm done buying at least for now, but things keep finding their way to my safe. My weakness besides Colt 1911's, and almost any kind of Hi Power, seems to be the older Springfield 1911's. The ones that have the crossed cannons behind the ejection port. Not sure why, but I seem to be a sucker for them, and I believe all the Springfield 1911's that own but one newer MilSpec, is one of those.

1. SA Mil-Spec.
2. S & W 'E' Series.
3. Ruger SR1911.

View attachment 24348
Hummmm...Many of us here know what you mean. Fortunately for me, I have two heir enthusiasts to hand down many. But, I have one 1911 that I want to be buried with, my old Colt Combat Commander in a satin finish. You might say, I never leave home without one.

Firestorm3511

Fanatic
I keep saying I'm done, even sell a few. Then somehow, the numbers grow. I'm done, I really mean it this time.
I say the same thing but keeping getting sucked in to purchase more. I have only traded (1) in my days. I recently sold a Para 1911 Expert Carry that I have thoughts about but must reduce my 1911 collection as I have too many guns. Nut's, how can I have too many guns? Sucker for a smooth trigger and beautiful looks.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I say the same thing but keeping getting sucked in to purchase more. I have only traded (1) in my days. I recently sold a Para 1911 Expert Carry that I have thoughts about but must reduce my 1911 collection as I have too many guns. Nut's, how can I have too many guns? Sucker for a smooth trigger and beautiful looks.
I used to trade and sell all the time, that is until I met Miss LD. She said no more selling, you lose your butt.Iif you buy it we keep it! Gotta love that lady!

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to trade and sell all the time, that is until I met Miss LD. She said no more selling, you lose your butt.Iif you buy it we keep it! Gotta love that lady!
Me too, buy,sell trade.. You found a Good Lady and a Keeper...Mine says; if you buy one, you must sell one. The quality of my collection has gone straight up since then.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm glad / fortunate that my wife has never said anything about my growing firearms collection.
I emphasized a long time ago, that they are "investments" and I show her ( when I do sell one) that I always sell a firearm for more than I pay for it.
Otherwise , it isn't sold. I have not sold a LOT of my collection, but those I've sold are often guns that are no longer produced,
which tends to increase their value. That, or are guns that have increased in price over the years. Example: I bought a M1A Scout Squad 10 yrs. ago,
after getting my PA-10 (PSA version of an AR-10) I stopped shooting it. Sold it for about $500 more than I paid for it..mostly because in the 10 yrs. I owned it, the price of a new one had risen substantially. Same thing with my D.W. Guardian 9mm I sold recently..though I didn't make as much on that sale.. I was just happy to remove it from my collection.

Latest posts