I ordered my first Kuhnhausen book today

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
as stated Mr. Marvel prefers an angle of 28 degrees, that was a direct quote of PM machines quality and his approval of their work.

I stated that I have tried 27.5 thru 31.5, the reason for that again is I have my angle, but its depended on the bridge width, chamber depth and case exposure, while in that range there is not much difference, but I have one that provides the feel and performance I desire.

The width of the bridge, depth of the cut and width of the ramp combine to make that possible.

so again please tell me what are my spec's?

If any wonders why Iprefer Glocks........ :)

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

I have never been good at the key board commando stuff, and yes I understand why you love your glock.

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

Funny I was thinking the same thing about you Kurt, but I guess redneck tactical sums it all up.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
apologies,

That's Mr Redneck Tactical to you!

We kind of like him. I really like your insite on pistolsmithing and would even be interested in taking a class on 1911's if you eventually offer one, but flaming the fire on a fight with a 3 gun legend isn't going to win you any brownie points around here.

On another note, if you are currently getting $3,600 for a semi-custom 1911, more power to you. Business is all about supply and demand. If you have no backlog, you are too expensive. If you are backed up 10+ months, you are too cheap.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the gentlemans (DDC) motovation and i like Kurt's good natured down to earth common sense with a lot of experince and wisdom.

They're both big boys with thier own keyboards. :)

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

To whom it may concern,

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

[background=transparent]-Adolf Hitler[/background]​

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Me, I wouldn't quote Hitler unless it was his views on gun control as an example of a bad goverment. As history points out Hitler went way past being the head of a bad government.

This being a pro gun site for one and Hitler being Hitler I would think the wrong crowd to quote Hitler to, or at least let it be known you were quoting Hitler. Hey I am just saying ......

Yep,, more than a bit touchy but I understand it is not about me.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Ahhh Tony, to quote "Dolf baby" does no great service to anyone.

Just so you know my last billit was as a 8412...now a 2112. After that went to school and got a degree in Geology and minor in Metallurgy. When geology got slow I worked at 300 gunshwith service under Fred Sadowsky and for Bob londagan up at Cylinder and slide. I also was an adjunct instructor at Gun Site for Col. Cooper. I have been competing in the shooting sports since 1974 and have won many a major match both in the U.S. and over seas..

I admire your enthusiasm, but some of what you say, and it may be how you say it just doesn't sound right to me, so if you care to, tell me your background, and tell me 3 thing.
1. How do you set anvil depth on a primer?
2. What does the hight of the barrel link have to do with trigger pulled weight?
3. Since Browning never drew Blue Prints, how do you know that Mr. Kunhausen has any measurement wrong, when a drafts man at Colt transposed all the prototype info onto a Blue Print. Might the mistake have happened in 1910?

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

The prints I speak of are armory prints, Jerry's prints are off in several different places. while Jerry's book has some good info, somethings just are not right.

When I start to look at a trigger, the position of the slide disconnect recess is directly related to the link size in the barrel, seems important as you being to change the angle and position of the sear, that's just step one for me. changing trigger pull weight is all about safety and not just lowering the amount of spring pressure presents, or buffing some parts.

as for reloading I am not going to have a terminology argument about what you call what and how you set-up to reload. edited see post #36
as for Adolf,

History teaches the greatest knowledge learned is through treachery and strife. One of my favorite's is "people only understand two things, Pain and Loss." but you wont find that in your history books.

while your resume is impressive, I dont throw out information to justify my ego or as a way of showing my ass whenever I feel like it. Some of the most skilled, knowledgeable and accomplished men, you would never know as they dont compensate for their lack of professionalism with lengthy discussion of their resume and accomplishment.

You have seemed to make this some kind of personal issue, my phone number is listed below in signature line so if you feel it necessary to have a personal discussion please feel free to give me call, anytime, otherwise I am done with the petty back and forth, frankly I am over it and dont have the time sir.

again my apologies for some off color remarks, and the disruption of this thread.

And I am not a sailor, Marine is the correct term, so you can see the reason for the hard headedness.

Respectfully,

Anthony Durning

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

OK I had to pull out the book here to get the terms rights,

First off, for CCI and fed primers sensitivity is measured form the bottom of the avil legs and as factory stated .003 to .005 below flush with the case, with the anvil legs in contact at the bottom of the case.

second when using a single stage priming tool the ram or shaft head was referred to as the anvil. which may be the reason for confusion.

I dont claim to know it all, and I have my own Redneck terminology for things sometimes, however it's clear when you measure you primer depth that that you are measuring from the top of cup to the anvil legs, even though the cup is rolled over,its rolled to the bottom of the anvil legs.

Simple math states, case depth- primer depth- factory sensitivity= can only equal the anvil depth. as the anvil is being preset for the sensitivity of the round and not the foil paper or mixture as referred to the compound.

I am not claiming wrong or right here, as these terms vary from book to book, just info.

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

8412- carrier recurtier?

or are these army MOS's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts