I have done the unthinkable.

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
I will probably never sell it. If I do get rid of it, I will give it to my woke son-in -law. I will tell him even though he doesn't care for guns that he should keep it for the unthinkable emergency that may come about. He may need to use it to save his life. After all it's a Glock, the most dependable handgun on earth. As I stated, he will probably be the one to receive it. (Without the F/P).
If you explain to your woke son in law that the President and the AG have declared that White Supremacists are the nation's biggest threat (after concerned parents of school children) he might alert to the need.

And so, if the white surpremacist threat is not totally bogus, he might have a chance with that Glock … That is, if the white supremacists are led by Dylan Mulvaney and/or Sam Brinton… and if they won't just accept a Bud Lite, and call it a hen party. Cluck-cluck.

ww45

New Fanatic
My garage gun that is stored in there just for fast & easy access (still secured) was a Sig P 2022, 9mm. I don't worry about it getting exposed to whatever. But I hate shooting it. I love all my other Sig's but this one is crap. The DA trigger pull is like driving a dump truck. I rented another inexpensive gun when I was at the range and had some spare time. It shot much better than the piece of crap 2022 and was solid. So, I bought one for the hell of it. Now you can call me a born-again hypocrite. Blasphemer. Two-faced. Satan. Or whatever comes to mind. I'll take my medicine. I now own a Glock, G19. Something I swore I'd never do. But the rest of my Sig's still put it to shame. Who knows what the future brings?
I have shot the 1911/2011 platform for hundreds of thousands of rounds in USPSA competition over the last 20 years. I am a Team shooter for a custom 2011 manufacturer.... however...My EDC is a Glock 19.

ThemanJC

Fanatic
"What about mice. I have been fighting a battle with rodents that love the wiring of my '96 F150. Extract of peppermint seems to keep them away from that truck now."

They ate the wiring and plastic molded parts out of my motorhome a few years back, about $6,000 worth of damage. If you ever find anything better than that peppermint oil, PLEASE let me know. Somewhere on the interweb, there is an article named " the incredible, edible car " A must read if you live in the country.
I too have mice and pack rats. Finally engaged Preventive Pest Control to rodent proof the house and garage, then set bait stations around the perimeter to draw them away. Been a couple of years and, aside from an occasional dead one, no sightings.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
Yesterday I saw what was at least a four ft shed snake skin up high on a damaged porch roof. There have been a lot of outside wood rats and I was afraid that a rattlesnake might move in. These skins are most likely from a type of chicken snake that is locally called an oak snake and as long as it stays out side the house I will have no problem with it. They can climb real well.

common names

Gray Rat Snake, Oak Snake, White Oak Snake

Basic description

Most adult Gray Ratsnakes are about 42-72 inches (106-183 cm) in total length. Adults are light gray with darker gray blotches down the back. The belly is sandy-gray with dark square blotches. Juveniles are similar in appearance to adults.
they will readily bite to defend themselves. These snakes are not aggressive and avoid direct contact with people and pets. Virtually all bites occur when the snakes are intentionally molested.

1686766964929.png

1686767026376.png

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Yesterday I saw what was at least a four ft shed snake skin up high on a damaged porch roof. There have been a lot of outside wood rats and I was afraid that a rattlesnake might move in. These skins are most likely from a type of chicken snake that is locally called an oak snake and as long as it stays out side the house I will have no problem with it. They can climb real well.

common names

Gray Rat Snake, Oak Snake, White Oak Snake

Basic description

Most adult Gray Ratsnakes are about 42-72 inches (106-183 cm) in total length. Adults are light gray with darker gray blotches down the back. The belly is sandy-gray with dark square blotches. Juveniles are similar in appearance to adults.
they will readily bite to defend themselves. These snakes are not aggressive and avoid direct contact with people and pets. Virtually all bites occur when the snakes are intentionally molested.

View attachment 31446

View attachment 31447
I have absolutely NO fondness for any kind of snake.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
I have absolutely NO fondness for any kind of snake.
It is all about making choices. I worked with someone that grew up around Pennsylvania; his parents killed every black snake that they saw and the copperheads started turning up.
A neighboring farmer told them, I will catch you some more black snakes and if you leave them alone, the copperheads will be no more. They left the black snakes alone and the copper head presence went away.
The rat snakes as long as I do not have chickens or any puppies should be just fine. If I remove them there will be more rats to chew up my ignition wires and also more and larger pit vipers might come calling.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't have a problem with snakes until I saw a guy screaming and running for his life in Viet Nam. Then I saw why. A 14" long Python. Needless to say, we cut it up with full auto M16's. Since then, even a gopher snake startles me. Sorry to say but that's the truth. Yuk.
I too might run from a 14 foot python and the worry is that they work their way from south florida up here to north florida. It is about choices I said. I choose not to have 14 ft snakes around my place.

mediabug

New Fanatic
……I now own a Glock, G19. Something I swore I'd never do. But the rest of my Sig's still put it to shame. Who knows what the future brings?
You will be OK… There are "closet Glock owners" out there, who have not mustered up the courage to confess. Be extremely careful… You now own the most popular single pistol in the world….. if you foolishly shoot it regularly and accidentally learn to manipulate the unique trigger, you might even understand the concept behind Glock pistols. You will be in the precarious position of having to confess that you are in possession of an extremely simple and reliable tool on which you can trust your life… you might even decide to confess that you like the homely little SOB.

Marc

Active Fanatic
My garage gun that is stored in there just for fast & easy access (still secured) was a Sig P 2022, 9mm. I don't worry about it getting exposed to whatever. But I hate shooting it. I love all my other Sig's but this one is crap. The DA trigger pull is like driving a dump truck. I rented another inexpensive gun when I was at the range and had some spare time. It shot much better than the piece of crap 2022 and was solid. So, I bought one for the hell of it. Now you can call me a born-again hypocrite. Blasphemer. Two-faced. Satan. Or whatever comes to mind. I'll take my medicine. I now own a Glock, G19. Something I swore I'd never do. But the rest of my Sig's still put it to shame. Who knows what the future brings?
As soon as I read the title in my email list, before I read the email, I thought to myself "oh, ****, he bought a Glock.". Am I alone with that thought?

dennishoddy

It is all about making choices. I worked with someone that grew up around Pennsylvania; his parents killed every black snake that they saw and the copperheads started turning up.
A neighboring farmer told them, I will catch you some more black snakes and if you leave them alone, the copperheads will be no more. They left the black snakes alone and the copper head presence went away.
The rat snakes as long as I do not have chickens or any puppies should be just fine. If I remove them there will be more rats to chew up my ignition wires and also more and larger pit vipers might come calling.
Here in Oklahoma we have the black rat snakes. They eat copperheads and the timber rattlers. We have a 6 footer that lives in our storage barn out here in the sticks. I see his skin every spring when he sheds and see him climbing trees while looking for bird eggs or young birds. They can climb a tree as fast as a squirrel. Amazing to watch them.
Wife is deathly afraid of them, so it's a challenge at times to keep her and the square point shovel from killing it. I have some pics of it eating a rattlesnake somewhere. I'll have to go look for them. Been years since a copperhead has been seen around the yard. I've killed 10 in the past and no telling how many the black snake has.

Latest posts