I have done the unthinkable.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
My garage gun that is stored in there just for fast & easy access (still secured) was a Sig P 2022, 9mm. I don't worry about it getting exposed to whatever. But I hate shooting it. I love all my other Sig's but this one is crap. The DA trigger pull is like driving a dump truck. I rented another inexpensive gun when I was at the range and had some spare time. It shot much better than the piece of crap 2022 and was solid. So, I bought one for the hell of it. Now you can call me a born-again hypocrite. Blasphemer. Two-faced. Satan. Or whatever comes to mind. I'll take my medicine. I now own a Glock, G19. Something I swore I'd never do. But the rest of my Sig's still put it to shame. Who knows what the future brings?

Last edited:

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
My garage gun that is stored in there just for fast & easy access (still secured) was a Sig P 2022, 9mm. I don't worry about it getting exposed to whatever. But I hate shooting it. I love all my other Sig's but this one is crap. The DA trigger pull is like driving a dump truck. I rented another inexpensive gun when I was at the range and had some spare time. It shot much better than the piece of crap 2022 and was solid. So, I bought one for the hell of it. Now you can call me a born-again hypocrite. Blasphemer. Two-faced. Satan. Or whatever comes to mind. I'll take my medicine. I now own a Glock, G19. Something I swore I'd never do. But the rest of my Sig's still put it to shame. Who knows what the future brings?
I understand. A Glock is a good utility gun. It does have it's place.

Be careful of your dog. They really like to chew on a Glock.:eek:

1685307483936.png

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
OH NO NOT A GLOCK!:eek:
Scared Scream GIF by Dark Igloo

dennishoddy

I have one glock in my collection and did not buy it. G-43 in 9mm. Won it at a Ducks Unlimited from a bucket i dropped one ticket into.
Hate the grip angle, hate the trigger guard and just the name glock.
It's a safe queen to be sold at auction when I go to the big hunting grounds on the other side.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have one glock in my collection and did not buy it. G-43 in 9mm. Won it at a Ducks Unlimited from a bucket i dropped one ticket into.
Hate the grip angle, hate the trigger guard and just the name glock.
It's a safe queen to be sold at auction when I go to the big hunting grounds on the other side.
Hard to believe that they had that at a DU Dinner.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
I understand. A Glock is a good utility gun. It does have it's place.

Be careful of your dog. They really like to chew on a Glock.:eek:

View attachment 31298
What about mice. I have been fighting a battle with rodents that love the wiring of my '96 F150. Extract of peppermint seems to keep them away from that truck now.
A G-19 is what I carry with a holosun or RMR. Simple manual of arms. But I am looking for something better that can be set up with a holosun and I want smaller. for now I will be going to a glock 26. I have multiple parts and even spare OEM slides. I am capable of fixing anything that goes wrong with it and it is my World WROL pistol if that ever happens. What is wrong with is that very long distance head shots are difficult with the glock trigger. But most things happen at closer ranges.
For the garage maybe a spare shotgun of which I have a few spare 12 ga pumpguns that go bang. If they become legal again maybe a cheap andersen lower & brace with a cheap BCA pistol upper. If it has to be a cheap pistol a .45 caliber high point.
1685326593586.png

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
"What about mice. I have been fighting a battle with rodents that love the wiring of my '96 F150. Extract of peppermint seems to keep them away from that truck now."

They ate the wiring and plastic molded parts out of my motorhome a few years back, about $6,000 worth of damage. If you ever find anything better than that peppermint oil, PLEASE let me know. Somewhere on the interweb, there is an article named " the incredible, edible car " A must read if you live in the country.

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
My garage gun that is stored in there just for fast & easy access (still secured) was a Sig P 2022, 9mm.
... I rented another inexpensive gun when I was at the range and had some spare time. It shot much better than the piece of crap 2022 and was solid.
... I now own a Glock, G19. Something I swore I'd never do. But the rest of my Sig's still put it to shame. Who knows what the future brings?
... Well, since you're still here, we know part of the future & one of the things that WILL happen...
The sale of a Glock!
Don't know WHEN. Don't know HOW. But someday it WILL happen...
It's ok to lose it, but rather see you get some money back for .45 ammo.
There should be no name calling, as we are all only human, and we all do, or have done, some things we regret. We also understand how in a moment of confusion, this could happen to a 'fanatic'.
But, we DO know WHY it will happen! 1st, You are already feeling "conflicted" so there's that. 2nd, the grip angle will be off and it will shoot like the 'proverbial' garbage truck - with a flat tire - hitting curbs, trash cans, etc. While you're getting used to missing bull eyes, the feel of the trigger will gnaw at your subconscious.
Some of this will happen sooner, some later.
We do kmow this - we wish you "good luck with the sale "GLWS !

LOL

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
... Well, since you're still here, we know part of the future & one of the things that WILL happen...
The sale of a Glock!
Don't know WHEN. Don't know HOW. But someday it WILL happen...
It's ok to lose it, but rather see you get some money back for .45 ammo.
There should be no name calling, as we are all only human, and we all do, or have done, some things we regret. We also understand how in a moment of confusion, this could happen to a 'fanatic'.
But, we DO know WHY it will happen! 1st, You are already feeling "conflicted" so there's that. 2nd, the grip angle will be off and it will shoot like the 'proverbial' garbage truck - with a flat tire - hitting curbs, trash cans, etc. While you're getting used to missing bull eyes, the feel of the trigger will gnaw at your subconscious.
Some of this will happen sooner, some later.
We do kmow this - we wish you "good luck with the sale "GLWS !

LOL
I will probably never sell it. If I do get rid of it, I will give it to my woke son-in -law. I will tell him even though he doesn't care for guns that he should keep it for the unthinkable emergency that may come about. He may need to use it to save his life. After all it's a Glock, the most dependable handgun on earth. As I stated, he will probably be the one to receive it. (Without the F/P).

Pappy

Well-Known Fanatic
winter of 2022, Mice chewed wires in my truck and it was expensive to fix, then it happened again about 4 weeks later. On the 2nd time I discovered that honda makes a type of tape that is infused with some sort of pepper spray type substance. I had the mechanics wrap the wires with that and it hasn't happened again.
After the 1st time I bought one of those 12v electronic mouse repellers... didn't work at all.
When I went online to order the honda tape the online parts stores add a "hazard" fee for shipping that added a lot to the price. I found some on ebay without the fee. I hope that helps. Now if only the car makers would stop using the soy based wire shield over the wires. That's why mice are chewing them now

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
"What about mice. I have been fighting a battle with rodents that love the wiring of my '96 F150. Extract of peppermint seems to keep them away from that truck now."

They ate the wiring and plastic molded parts out of my motorhome a few years back, about $6,000 worth of damage. If you ever find anything better than that peppermint oil, PLEASE let me know. Somewhere on the interweb, there is an article named " the incredible, edible car " A must read if you live in the country.
Some plastics I read have soy derived oils or such in them.
About the only way is a bunch of cats. I only had one cat and dogs would not let it off the porch to hunt. Finally my dog little guy after having lived with that cat for 5 years killed it. The cat was off the porch hunting when it died.

Link also says pine- sol works too https://www.fixautousa.com/blog/stop-rodents-from-chewing-car-wires/
Little guy is the one with the single eye patch, the other two are his older half sister and his mother the all white ms piggy.

three dogs DSCF1183.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts