I got scolded the other day

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Just thought I would share. I got scolded the other day at the OKC gunshow because my CCW was dirty. Lesson learned. If you don't want a cop lecturing you on how to keep your gun either leave it in the truck with the ammo or shine that puppy before you leave the house.

dennishoddy

I'd tell him to mind his own business.
Pocket lint is not a problem with my primary CCW. (P3AT)
I've pulled that puppy out many times with pocket lint all over it to pop a coon or possum, on the way to the house, and never had a fail.

Its been in my pocket for three years, with the occasional "pull it out" and shoot a critter to make sure its reliable.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I don't think you'd scold someone for having a dirty carry weapon, and that's how I'd want to respond to anyone who started that conversation with me, not just cops.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
i had it out because the said to check all weapons while entering the gun show. and I just let him know that what he saw was just a little gun powder residue from actually shooting it. I switched up lubicants and this grease ive been using really shows lots of black where it would normally be not much of anything. he did tell me about these gun cleaning wipes though that he claimed they were selling inside. of course they werent so i still havent cleaned my gun

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Oh yeah, I forgot. They ask you check your weapon.

i had it out because the said to check all weapons while entering the gun show. and I just let him know that what he saw was just a little gun powder residue from actually shooting it. I switched up lubicants and this grease ive been using really shows lots of black where it would normally be not much of anything. he did tell me about these gun cleaning wipes though that he claimed they were selling inside. of course they werent so i still havent cleaned my gun

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Can you carry a loaded ccw on you in a gun show do you have to check it at the door. I do understand you carry it in loaded it better stay concealed. Always wondered about this

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
Cops have bad days just like everybody else.
When they do anyone they come in contact with pays and pays big time
because they think the badge and the gun gives them the right to do so.
Just a load of BS

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
If he saw my SW 60 he'd have me doing push ups to get in....a guy could weave an Indian blanket out of the pocket lint that's on that pistol.

At least he did not ask you, "where are ya going?"

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Cops have bad days just like everybody else.
When they do anyone they come in contact with pays and pays big time
because they think the badge and the gun gives them the right to do so.
Just a load of BS

I bet this officer assumed that you were another on eof the guys we all laugh at. Random idiot with a carry gun with no chance of actually knowing how to use or maintain it. Kind of like Taymoor.

Latest posts