Hunting & shooting stickers on vehicles

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
The smash & grab car vandals are hard at in the State. I’ve been hearing about it for a couple of weeks but this article confirms it’s become a wide spread problem. It’s made me second guess where I would be willing to leave my vehicle or what I might leave in it.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/08/24/hunting-vehicles-targeted-thieves/?utm_campaign=meetedgar&utm_medium=social&utm_source=meetedgar.com

Also, here is a graphic explaining how criminals might use other info you put on your vehicle.
ab3383f9cc9e2790ab9c4e98ecfb7915.jpg

Be safe my friends!

dennishoddy

Don't doubt that a bit. I've also heard of folks being followed from hunts or trap shoots with their vehicles broken into when they stopped for a group lunch afterwards. Thieves are on the top of my list of those that get no mercy.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Its the same in Houston.

In November two upstanding citizens waited outside a local indoor range in Houston waiting for our USPSA Thursday night match to finish. They followed two of our shooters until they stopped to pick up a snack for the road. Minutes later the upstanding citizens were in possession of two 9 Major open guns.

Outdoor security cameras at the range could only verify their vehicle had two people inside. Video quality did not yield license plate numbers. Witnesses at the restaurant were able to describe the vehicle and their occupants but again, no license plate numbers.

If I have firearms in the truck, I stick to drive through fast food places. If i know I will be away from the vehicle, the guns get secured with a padlock and cable. (Just strong enough to stop a snatch and run).

Only time I've ever had firearm related stuff stolen from a vehicle was at a hotel in OKC. Lost a range bag with several high-cap magazines and several hundred rounds of 9 Major ammo. I always wondered if that ammo took a couple of Saturday night specials off the street.

bigfug

Active Fanatic
Something new going on is people are following people with deposit bags from the banks and doing a smash and grab if they make a stop anywhere. So think businesses making withdrawals, change for the weekend's till drawers, etc.

Latest posts