How to do virtual prize table?

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
No - we have the method in place for finding the winners - the same we we always do - generate the list - distribute it a few days in advance - and let the DOW dictate the winners.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I printed out the list of prizes today. I am going to go through and sort it all and see what's tonight or tomorrow.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm psyched to see this happen, this is a lot of end of year fun for shooting already done..

In the link in the above post did I miss something the example? Shouldn't the example have said Mike would have won 1st then BSDuBois 2nd and Seth 3rd?

45recoil

likes to party
MiniUzi said:
I'm psyched to see this happen, this is a lot of end of year fun for shooting already done..

In the link in the above post did I miss something the example? Shouldn't the example have said Mike would have won 1st then BSDuBois 2nd and Seth 3rd?
Mikes number was over. The old adage, whoever is closest without going over applies here.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Jared Carpenter said:
Mikes number was over. The old adage, whoever is closest without going over applies here.
I fear that BS adage will cost me some fancy swag. My luck I'll be .01 over :p

jackson923

Well-Known Fanatic
This is my first year in the contingency program and I think it is an awesome thing. After reading this thread I am a little confused as to how the prizes will be distributed. I read the thread about the DOW and understand that. I guess my confusion comes from how the prizes will distributed and the pecking order. This is straight from the Contingecy program
2013 BoomerShooter Contingency Program
Virtual Prize Table
This year we are going to do things a little different. Instead of having set prizes for the Top 3 places - we are going to create a virtual prize table. We will have 5-10 prizes, from guns, to BoomerShooter AR-15 lowers, to Certificates for training and $$$$ at sponsors. When we do the drawing at the end of the year - you will then get to choose IN ORDER of how you were drawn when you go to the prize table.

I was under the impression that your entries would be all thrown together and pulled out of the group, of course the first name selected getting choice and so forth down the line. Am I off base here based on what is above? Sorry if none of this makes sense but after reading the three pages and all of the different opinions I'm a little confused as to the final process.
Thanks,
George

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
That's 100% what we are doing - what we were tryign to avoid is the top guy being out of town for 2 weeks - then EVERYONE else has to wait, Then the 2nd guy is out for 2 weeks - everyone has to wait 2 more weeks - you see where this could take a WHILE!!!!!

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
So here are our ideas for now.

Once we get all the prizes organized - we will put them on a list - send out the list to all the participants and have them rank EVERY prize in order that they want - that way when we do the drawing we will know exaclty what ppl want. Hopefully this will cover MOST ppl and allow things to move a little more speedy

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Everyone was here enough to post their entries after every match, so it shouldn't take but a couple days to get responses once an alert has been sent.
A participating member should be around enough to contribute and BS with everyone and not just show up when prizes come around.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Everyone was here enough to post their entries after every match, so it shouldn't take but a couple days to get responses once an alert has been sent.
A participating member should be around enough to contribute and BS with everyone and not just show up when prizes come around.

I agree

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
So if someone got sent offshore for work and can't be at the computer - tough stuff for them?

What about someone that's going out of country on a family vacation?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Its all things to consider, which is why I was suggesting the posting of a date followed with a PM to participating peoples and then a period of a few weeks to wait for responses or proxy votes with at least 2 ways to contact.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
jackson923 said:
This is my first year in the contingency program and I think it is an awesome thing. After reading this thread I am a little confused as to how the prizes will be distributed. I read the thread about the DOW and understand that. I guess my confusion comes from how the prizes will distributed and the pecking order. This is straight from the Contingecy program

2013 BoomerShooter Contingency Program
Virtual Prize Table

This year we are going to do things a little different. Instead of having set prizes for the Top 3 places - we are going to create a virtual prize table. We will have 5-10 prizes, from guns, to BoomerShooter AR-15 lowers, to Certificates for training and $$$$ at sponsors. When we do the drawing at the end of the year - you will then get to choose IN ORDER of how you were drawn when you go to the prize table.

I was under the impression that your entries would be all thrown together and pulled out of the group, of course the first name selected getting choice and so forth down the line. Am I off base here based on what is above? Sorry if none of this makes sense but after reading the three pages and all of the different opinions I'm a little confused as to the final process.
Thanks,
George
You got it figured correctly. The more entries you have the better your chances are at getting the top spot. But even if you only just bought the jersey but never post any match scores you still have a chance albeit a slim one of getting the first pick.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
B.S. DuBois said:
So here are our ideas for now.

Once we get all the prizes organized - we will put them on a list - send out the list to all the participants and have them rank EVERY prize in order that they want - that way when we do the drawing we will know exaclty what ppl want. Hopefully this will cover MOST ppl and allow things to move a little more speedy
Lets light this candle

Latest posts