• Pocket Carry

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

David2U

Active Fanatic
OC a Glock 27, strong side
at the 3:05 position in a Blackhawk CQC Serpa II holster.

For the rare occasions that I have to pocket carry, it is usually a LCP w/ CT laser in a Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster or else a S&W air weight .38 spl in a Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster in my front right jeans pocket. If necessary, I could even carry the G27 pocket carry in my front jeans pocket using the Uncle Mike's #4 holster. In that case, I drop in the 40-9mm barrel and run it as a 9mm to save a little on weight. Every little bit of weight reduction helps in pocket carry.

I hate you guys who are able to appendix carry! :devil: I have such a beer gut that I can't even wear a large belt buckle. I don't drink beer... but do eat pizza and mexican foods with lots of cheese. :D

9x45

Fanatic
Any of these, Alabama Hooker appendix, there is no Glock to big to carry. Dress for the mess. It's a little easier in Southern California, we don't have open carry in California, it scares the soccer moms... Besides if you open carry, the cops think you are another cop, until they find out you are not, and the bangers will be the first to bash your head in from behind, what kinda fool carry a gun who ain't no cop.

image37174.jpg

Ain't no gun here....

tumblr_inline_n3sr6wcUi71qd1cxe.jpg

slowhand23

Well-Known Fanatic
Flatland Shooter said:
I've already voted and posted that I pocket carry but if I may, can I ask those that pocket carry, do they carry in a front pocket or a rear pocket?

After 15+ years front pocket carrying a Seecamp, I'm considering something a bit larger.

My usual wardrobe (its nice being retired) is jeans or cargo shorts with un-tucked shirts. Let say I go with the Kahr PM9. Front pocket or rear pocket?

Thanks.

Bill
My PM9 rides in front pocket

ShaneP

Looks good to me
9x45 said:
Any of these, Alabama Hooker appendix, there is no Glock to big to carry. Dress for the mess. It's a little easier in Southern California, we don't have open carry in California, it scares the soccer moms... Besides if you open carry, the cops think you are another cop, until they find out you are not, and the bangers will be the first to bash your head in from behind, what kinda fool carry a gun who ain't no cop.

image37174.jpg

Ain't no gun here....

tumblr_inline_n3sr6wcUi71qd1cxe.jpg
Street cred + 1

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Appendix G26 or G19 in a Dale Fricke Archangel. Not always the most comfortable but easily concealed under a "normal" size columbia or polo style shirt.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
When I last posted, I pocket carried a Seecamp.

Looked for something a little stouter than .32 ACP. Decided on Walther PPK (.380 ACP) because I like steel guns and not anything that can be customized with a Bic lighter and a razor blade.

Initially I was concerned about the weight (just over 22 oz. empty) but in a Desantis SuperFly pocket holster it carries well and the draw is much smoother.

Modoc

Active Fanatic
Wasn't sure if I had posted on this, but did vote. 1911 Govt., 1911 Officer's are at 4 o'clock in an Old Faithful tuckable. Going to get a similar one for the S&W J Frame and looking for a good IWB setup for the 629-5. Yeah, it's a bit big, but I found that I prefer an IWB for almost every activity unless I am using a shoulder holster De Santis and Galco Miami classic for the 1911's and J Frame. The shoulder holsters usually come out when traveling so I'm not sitting on my CCW for long periods of time.

Wegnerracing

Fanatic
I have used a Crossbreed for a few years with good success. I think I will order the Tulster and try it as Jesse has mentioned.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
I switch back and forth between my P14-45 and my G23 in an Aliengear IWB. Seems to be pretty comfortable and the price was right.

Latest posts