Home Defense shotguns! Lets see em!

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
My 14" HD shotgun has a compact XRail on it. It holds 14.

You can't put tubes on every one if the XRail tubes because the followed have a catch on them that hits the release button causing it to rotate and reload the gun. I already had planned on putting four tubes on it but that dead quickly. I was hoping for a 45+ round Benelli that weighed 30 lbs.
That one you were trying to sell? It wasn't fully integrated was it? IIRC the xrail extended past the muzzle. That's the only reason I thought the integrated would be cool, because then you get the extra capacity without going longer than the muzzle.

Can you not use the RCI Xrail followers with the Nordic extension?

I've never messed with an XRail, I'm curious if it could be made to work with an extension on each...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Brent Akin said:
That one you were trying to sell? It wasn't fully integrated was it? IIRC the xrail extended past the muzzle. That's the only reason I thought the integrated would be cool, because then you get the extra capacity without going longer than the muzzle.

Can you not use the RCI Xrail followers with the Nordic extension?

I've never messed with an XRail, I'm curious if it could be made to work with an extension on each...
The fully integrated XRail is made to go on a 21" gun. If you put it on an SBS it would still stick past the barrel because its longer than the standard and compact.

None of the XRails are made for extension I'm just trying to get more capacity. Adding an extension will void your Nordic and XRail warranties I'm sure. The threads on the old Nordic tubes are the same as the end caps on the XRail so it works but the nordic tube doesnt thread all the way in. It's probably not the toughest connection ever. I'm gonna dump it with caution.

The Primary tube on the XRail has a standard smooth round follower. So it will transition up into a Nordic extension just fine to add more capacity. There is a little button you must pull to allow you to rotate the XRail to the first auxiliary tube. This button or detent makes it impossible to rotate the XRail off the primary accidentally when its not loaded which would ruin the fully extended mag tube spring thats both in the gun and in tge xrail.

The followers on the three auxiliary tubes have a wing attached to them so as the aux tube empties and the follower bottoms out the wing automatically deactivates the detent button and the XRail spins to reload from the next tube. You might be able to put a standard follower in the auxiliary tubes if you removed the safety detent.

The detent is only there so you don't accidentally try to rotate the XRail when the primary spring is not compressed. Im gonna play with that some more. It's a complex system but pretty simple once you have it in front of you.

S391

New Fanatic
Here is a quick shot of my primary auto loader... I went with the Exrema 2 because I can use it for everything... hunting (I pull the mag-tube extension), clays, 3-gun, home defense, etc..... Plus it gives the ability to shoot 2 3/4", 3" and 3 1/2" shells..... There is very little I can't do with this shotgun.

IMG_5849-1.jpg

Latest posts