Home Defense shotguns! Lets see em!

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Remington 870 tactical with houge 12 inch lop furniture and a 6 shot side saddle. Since this picture I added a surefire g3 on a mag tube clamp 3 way picatinny. Lets see what you've got?

100_1981.jpg

Reactions: PDN

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Nice! You need to bring that bad boy out Saturday to shoot 3 gun with us.

Here are a couple of mine.
Benelli M1 & M2
BenelliM2-2.jpg

Ithaca Model 37 circa 1976
DSCN1983.jpg

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
Experimenting with the AFG. It helps tuck in solid and it's an easy position to work the light from.
Feels good, works great, but it's probably coming off because I think it looks like a joke.

IMG_6485.jpg

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
How do you like that mossberg, I heard mixed reviews, my buddy almost bought one, but at the last minute he opted up, WAY UP, and bought the FN MK1 SLP. Its nasty, but I think anything over a grand for a shotgun is crazy, esspecially when a $400 870 will get it done all day. But Im a minimalist I guess...Nice kits guys, and I may have to take you up on the 3 gun opportunity jesse, Im gonna be outta town for a bit over the next few weeks for work but Ill be online and in touch.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
How do you like that mossberg, I heard mixed reviews,

Not sure if you were asking me, but I have always had great luck with my Mossbergs. I carried a Model 500 in the field bird hunting for a number of years and it was a workhorse. This one, I haven't shot as much but still trust it as my HD shotgun.

They aren't "3-gun fancy" but they work for what they are.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh I have nothing bad to say about Mossber shotguns, imho they are reliable and functional. But the 930 seems to be a step in a different direction. Just wondering if it paid off. I really like the look and the price is reasonable compared to some of the big boys. Just wondering how it stacks up functionally.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
My Moss 930 was pretty "sticky" in the beginning but after 200 rounds I think I worked most of the kinks out. It's the newer version with the round knurled bolt knob
The front sight is straight, the trigger group and forend is tight, but the magazine extension tube would bind on occasion.
It's been a robust reliable semiauto, so at this price point I can handle it being a little rough around the edges. I would definitely buy another one if mossberg would ever come out with their competition model.

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
pre_1322075035__20111123_-_long_guns_-_copy.jpg

Remington 870:

Vang Comp Rear Sight
Side Saddle
Light
GG&G Single Point Sling Adapter
ROBAR NP-3+ Finish

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
Took a couple of months to find someone with one. Once I got it built up, I gave my niece the RH one. The earlier talk about lefties using RH carbines made sense after I tried it out, but the LH 870 seems easier to me to reload off the side saddle. This is something that could be overcome by training and practice, but I'm happy.

View attachment 2514 My dad bought this Remington 870 back in the early 80's and handed it down to me last year. You can't tell from the pics but this things finish and wood are PERFECT! Shoots straight for me but I think it's cursed cause he never managed shoot a deer with it.

Attachments

• 2012-05-11 14.21.36.jpg
    2012-05-11 14.21.36.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 72

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Roth Concept Innovations Fully Integrated Benelli M2 XRail w/Nordic Components +4 Magazine Tube Extension. 31 rounds of shotgun dedicated to Joe Biden.
Can you only install the Extension on one cylinder of the XRail?

I think it would be awesome to take one of the 14" SBS Benellis and do the fully integrated XRail on it. Then you'd have a short HD shotty with 12 +/- round of 12ga loaded.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
My 14" HD shotgun has a compact XRail on it. It holds 14.

You can't put tubes on every one if the XRail tubes because the followed have a catch on them that hits the release button causing it to rotate and reload the gun. I already had planned on putting four tubes on it but that dead quickly. I was hoping for a 45+ round Benelli that weighed 30 lbs.

Latest posts