High Plains Shotgun Challenge 2012

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I hope the high plains match gets to continue, but if for some reason it doesn't, it would be great to have a local shotgun only match every once in a while.

dennishoddy

Here is the pumper...

I'm sorry, but Kurt needs his ass kicked for not having hearing protection at the 3:40 mark!

WTF is wrong with your thinking??

I've suffered with a lifetime of hearing issues because of excessive gunfire back in the day in the Army when you couldn't wear hearing protection.

Sticking your finger in your down range ear, isn't going to help my friend.

Shootingchef

Fanatic
Hey Jessie, why were the Noveske team folks allowed to shoot stage 12 in a manner that was told to us that we could not do? they only shot 1 target from the chair and the rest from the 2nd position.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Hey Jessie, why were the Noveske team folks allowed to shoot stage 12 in a manner that was told to us that we could not do? they only shot 1 target from the chair and the rest from the 2nd position.
kinda wondered that myself.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Hmmmmmm, well Denis perhaps you need a quick trip to the "notice things school". I always R.O. with a single ear plug in and use a finger in the other. That way I can hear my scorer and others around me as soon as I unplug my ear. B.T.W. a finger will drop 29 db. Just like the foamy plug THAT IS ALWAYS IN MY OTHER EAR!!! But thanks for ripping on me, it always helps.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Dr. Martin Fackler did a quick study on it, and those were his findings, and who cares.

I doubt after the Cavalier reception we got to the selling of High Plains, I doubt that the offer is still "on the table"

Chambers

actual GM
29 dB for a finger! That's cool. Didn't know anyone had ever quantified it.

31 dB if you lick it first.

34 if Jake licks it.

Dr. Martin Fackler did a quick study on it, and those were his findings, and who cares.

I doubt after the Cavalier reception we got to the selling of High Plains, I doubt that the offer is still "on the table"

$1, Bob!!

Chambers

actual GM
And one more thing...BIG THANKS to Trapr and Kurt for making HPSC so awesome. Few people realize what it actually takes to put a match on, much less run one so smooooth.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store

Did a quick google search on Dr. Fackler. Wow! Impressive resume. I'm sort of surprised that I hadn't heard of him before now considering his long list of contributions to ballistics and characterizations of wounds, among other things.

dennishoddy

Hmmmmmm, well Denis perhaps you need a quick trip to the "notice things school". I always R.O. with a single ear plug in and use a finger in the other. That way I can hear my scorer and others around me as soon as I unplug my ear. B.T.W. a finger will drop 29 db. Just like the foamy plug THAT IS ALWAYS IN MY OTHER EAR!!! But thanks for ripping on me, it always helps.

Didn't mean to offend you, but many years of reading lips, and being embarassed by what I think somebody said, and my constant HUH? when talking to others gives me the opportunity to help others not go the same route.
I have about 4 grand invested in each ear so far. I hope nobody has to follow my path is the reason for my comment...

BTW, your offer for the match has not been taken as a cavalier attitude.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
"I'm sorry, but Kurt needs his ass kicked for not having hearing protection at the 3:40 mark!"
This statement is ok and didn't bother me much, great point, yet uninformed, could probably been handled a bit better with Why is Kurt doing that?

"WTF is wrong with your thinking??"
This one is does bother me, calls into question my thinking and my actions, by making me seem like a complete idiot....and Denis...is ment to offend...no other way to take it. By latter typing "didn't mean to offend you" doesn't really change the insulting remark. I try not to go this far down the path unless I know for sure that there is something "wrong with their thinking", and a litle intel gathering would have, in this case, saved you the trouble of insulting me, and me typing a rebutal. I admire your fervor in preaching the ottic gospel, but it is far better to do so from an informed base. Kurt

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass

They were the ones that brought shooting at the road to my attention. It was slower so you wouldn't have wanted to do it anyways.

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
Thanks to Kurt, Trapr and everyone else who helped put this on. I thought it was challenging and fun while also being very well ran.

dennishoddy

"I'm sorry, but Kurt needs his ass kicked for not having hearing protection at the 3:40 mark!"
This statement is ok and didn't bother me much, great point, yet uninformed, could probably been handled a bit better with Why is Kurt doing that?

"WTF is wrong with your thinking??"
This one is does bother me, calls into question my thinking and my actions, by making me seem like a complete idiot....and Denis...is ment to offend...no other way to take it. By latter typing "didn't mean to offend you" doesn't really change the insulting remark. I try not to go this far down the path unless I know for sure that there is something "wrong with their thinking", and a litle intel gathering would have, in this case, saved you the trouble of insulting me, and me typing a rebutal. I admire your fervor in preaching the ottic gospel, but it is far better to do so from an informed base. Kurt
Your correct. My apologies.

Shootingchef

Fanatic
thanks for the clarification.

Big thanks to those who put on this match. Though I was a complete embarrassment to the sport of shooting, it was fun. RO's were helpful and safe.

Latest posts