Hi-end 1911s NOW

Skeptical about ordering a High End 1911 at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Buying a Cabot was a thought I had, for awhile. Looking @ their website, it's hard NOT to be smitten by 1 model or another..actually several for me.
While I could afford any of their pistols, (well, 'cept for the meteor one) I doubt I'll own one. Why ? Cause the accuracy & precision would be wasted on my eyesight , shakiness, & lack of shooting ability. For this same reason, I've avoided a Wilson, Brown, Baer, etc..
I enjoy the workmanship of my Dan Wessons, but shoot my "tuned" Colts, & Springfields, just as well.
My gunsmith has improved accuracy on my (selected) 1911's beyond my shooting ability, so I spend my $ on loading components instead.

Last edited:

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep that's it, wow talk about bad timing‍♂️And nobody sells them, never see one on Gunbroker hardly ever, well I hate you missed it

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
♂️This was symbol I clicked on, these self correcting phones just correct at random I guess, once again ‍♂️

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok this is strange, the emoji with hand to the face, symbolizing something like oh good grief, when I hit it this circle with arrow pops up, sorry folksGot no idea

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
Buying a Cabot was a thought I had, for awhile. Looking @ their website, it's hard NOT to be smitten by 1 model or another..actually several for me.
While I could afford any of their pistols, (well, 'cept for the meteor one) I doubt I'll own one. Why ? Cause the accuracy & precision would be wasted on my eyesight , shakiness, & lack of shooting ability. For this same reason, I've avoided a Wilson, Brown, Baer, etc..
I enjoy the workmanship of my Dan Wessons, but shoot my "tuned" Colts, & Springfields, just as well.
My gunsmith has improved accuracy on my (selected) 1911's beyond my shooting ability, so I spend my $ on loading components instead.
@joepistol, IMHO that's like saying I won't buy a Harley or a Corvette because I'll never drive 100+ mph. The Cabots and Nighthawks are truly amazing pieces of hardware. Put one in your hands and your eyes will light up, they ain't nothing like anything you've ever held or shot. They are a jaw dropping experience. My first 1911 was a used Colt Gold Cup, that are beautiful and well shooting machines. But compared to the Cabot, well, nothing compares.

BTW, I bought my first couple of Nighthawks used, same thing w/ my first two Cabots. It has been my experience that people who buy guns like these don't abuse them. It's a relatively affordable way to get to this level of 1911s. Now I just need to find a P/T job to afford my habit :cool:

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Lord help me if I happen to hold a Wilson, bucket list may come sooner than expected, case in point our Match Director at our local club went to IDPA Nationals in Colorado this past weekend, he's gotten to be pretty good friends with Mike Seeklander, has been IDPA National champion a couple times, been to our club several times teaching classes, he's a Wilson Combat sponsored shooter, well our MD shoots an STI Eagle and he got to shoot Mike's competition Wilson 1911 with a dot, I'm always messing with buying, trading and selling stuff so he sent me a list of stuff he wants to sell, so I guess holding and actually shooting a high end 1911 will definitely push you over the edge lol! Side note Mr Seeklander little off this year, finished 4th overall, around 500 shooters

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
.."that's like saying I won't buy a Harley or a Corvette because I'll never drive 100+ mph...".. This comparison is lost on me...
if (when) I want to go 100mph or >, I wouldn't choose a Harley to do it. ... LOL
I'm a long time HD owner, of a '79 FXEF ( I bought new) and my "new" Harley,.. a '94 Dyna Convert.
Have 9 other street & dirt bikes in my stable, inc. a 750 & 1000cc Sport bikes.

I also have a Jim Clark modified series 70 Colt Govt model 1911 w/ Clark's "Hardballer'" conversion.
It too shoots much more accurately than my shooting ability...I have seen what a better shooter can do with my 1911's & my loads,
( there are some good shooters @ my club) so while superior workmanship may provide ego rewards, it's not worth the cost, to me anyway.. IMO.
Then again, Ive been called a COB..and don't argue the claim.

J

Latest posts