Hey guys! It's Open Carry Day tomorrow!

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I've already said what my reaction is going to be. HoHumm.
That being said, even though some person goes into a business wearing a stetson, and a pair of chrome plated Colt 45's on their hip, as an attention whore would to draw attention to themselves, I wouldn't give them anymore attention that I would some somebody wearing a mowhawk and purple hair.
Its just their thing, and they have a right to do it.
I'll defend that right.
All of the news channels in Oklahoma have reported on the new law. Its been in the newspapers, and voiced on the radio.
I pretty much think its going to be a non-event, and we as a gun supporting forum are expressing a fear of what is not going to happen. People are not going to run in fear, there will be no blood in the streets, and women aren't going to swoon over a manly man toting a sidearm.
I've read the same reports of community LE departments saying they were going to react, but since then, the retoric has settled down as they became educated themselves.
Have a happy Nov 1.

golly... I hope Burk wears some pants under his chaps if he does that again.....

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I open carried at H&H today wearing my BoomerShooter jersey. I think every guy took at least 2-3 double takes at my shirt then at my Glock. I wonder if by wearing no shirt and having my junk open carried I could get the ladies to do a double take?

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
My everyday "uniform" is basically not a uniform. I look more like a State Department "Contractor" than a LEO. I open carry everyday in that capacity, when performing my duties. The public doesnt seem to notice. So I just don't see this being a HUGE issue. Unless the OC'r chooses to make it an issue. YMMV.

This is my opinion exactly.

I eat at local BBQ joints on a regular basis, where a lot of local "plain clothes" officers eat. Don't know if that's the correct term, but basically slacks / jeans and embroidered polo, with OWB open carry. No one freaks out.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
I open carried at H&H today wearing my BoomerShooter jersey. I think every guy took at least 2-3 double takes at my shirt then at my Glock. I wonder if by wearing no shirt and having my junk open carried I could get the ladies to do a double take?
Let me know how that works out for ya hehehehehe!

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Open Carry at Twin Peaks. Its the wild west................

644146_439892172727240_530771044_n.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I think Oklahoma single handedly brought the class 3 process to a screaming hault. I have been waiting for my Sparrow for what seems like two years.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I am a little over six months in on my SBR the suppressor will be six months middle of this month

Latest posts