Hey guys! It's Open Carry Day tomorrow!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Man I hope there's not a plethora of idiots out there who want to try to bait cops with this.

Poop... Great pic. Spiderman made it.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I may actually open carry on rare occasion. But it certainly won't be intended to attract attention or done in crowded areas.

Better way to put it: I won't say I'll never open carry.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Main reason I like open carry is in the rare event that my concealed firearm becomes unconcealed or prints there will be no issues.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Personally, I think a "flashed" firearm, IE, your shirt blows up, will cause more fright among the sheeple than openly carrying it in a responsible manner in the first place. Just my opinion.

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic
So, are you guys saying that it may be a bad idea for me to strap on my Open gun and mags for a stroll through Walmart at high noon?

I was so looking forward to it!

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Oklahomans in general crack me up. Talk a lot of conservative nonsense... don't read the laws that apply much... then speculate about the disaster that's about to befall them.

FIrst... back in the 30's your grandparents gave up a bunch of gun rights because they were afraid black people would get firearms (Jim Crow drove gun control in every state that has it--- read a little)

Then... you gasp a great sigh of relief when you "get some of your rights" back when the SDA passes... (pay a user fee so you can carry a gun- the only "real" qualification is you can cough up enough money to get through the process)

In the mean time--- educated gun people (on this very forum no less) have debated what .45 caliber actually is... what a 'holster' acutally is... and speculated on what the new OC laws actually are (simple as they are to read)

I hope you guys know that there is a very good chance the people who got "Open carry " this year are making a run to get an Arizona or Alaska style law passed in the next couple of years. Last session- we almost got one snuck in with the OC changes.

I expect to see the "gun guys" in Oklahoma implode when the law changes to "carry any thing you want- anyway you want... and we will issue a permit in case you need to travel- but you don't need it at home, at all"

Prediction- some slack jawed locals will get arrested. Why? NO PERMIT and packing an open gun are against the law. These people cannot read or sync a TV image with the audio for comprhension.

A couple of reading challenged permit holders may go stupid when challenged for credentials by LEO who see an open gun.

Other than that--- you may see a guy in a feed truck walk into Walmart in Perry or someplace with a belt pistol showing... and a few of you radical types will show a gun in the confines of your car, maybe even step out to pump gas with an open gun.

I spent most of last Saturday in Carson City NV. We had 35,000 extra people in town for Nevada Statehood Day. I walked and rode a motorcycle all day with a Glock 19 open... not one person batted an eye. I did see a dozen guns riding semi-covered .... no body cares. Because it's never been AGAINST the law here.

Chris_Andersen

Certified
Oklahomans in general crack me up. Talk a lot of conservative nonsense... don't read the laws that apply much... then speculate about the disaster that's about to befall them.

FIrst... back in the 30's your grandparents gave up a bunch of gun rights because they were afraid black people would get firearms (Jim Crow drove gun control in every state that has it--- read a little)

Then... you gasp a great sigh of relief when you "get some of your rights" back when the SDA passes... (pay a user fee so you can carry a gun- the only "real" qualification is you can cough up enough money to get through the process)

In the mean time--- educated gun people (on this very forum no less) have debated what .45 caliber actually is... what a 'holster' acutally is... and speculated on what the new OC laws actually are (simple as they are to read)

I hope you guys know that there is a very good chance the people who got "Open carry " this year are making a run to get an Arizona or Alaska style law passed in the next couple of years. Last session- we almost got one snuck in with the OC changes.

I expect to see the "gun guys" in Oklahoma implode when the law changes to "carry any thing you want- anyway you want... and we will issue a permit in case you need to travel- but you don't need it at home, at all"

Prediction- some slack jawed locals will get arrested. Why? NO PERMIT and packing an open gun are against the law. These people cannot read or sync a TV image with the audio for comprhension.

A couple of reading challenged permit holders may go stupid when challenged for credentials by LEO who see an open gun.

Other than that--- you may see a guy in a feed truck walk into Walmart in Perry or someplace with a belt pistol showing... and a few of you radical types will show a gun in the confines of your car, maybe even step out to pump gas with an open gun.

I spent most of last Saturday in Carson City NV. We had 35,000 extra people in town for Nevada Statehood Day. I walked and rode a motorcycle all day with a Glock 19 open... not one person batted an eye. I did see a dozen guns riding semi-covered .... no body cares. Because it's never been AGAINST the law here.

Assuming this is directed toward me, YouTube is full of the type of "disasters" that I am talking about, so I wouldn't say that I am talking nonsense.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody

817.png

TroyF

TheBearcat
From what I gather, most on this forum support a person's ability to Open Carry, but would not choose to do so themselves. That's cool.

I think most are concerned about the uneducated and/or foolish doing something unwise/illegal and giving ALL gun enthusists a bad rap. Unfounded position? Maybe. Beyond the realm of possibity? Not at all.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Also kind of wondering what a "gun guy" is.

Cris...as the saying goes "if the shoe fits"... but no, I did not have you in mind when I wrote this.

In reading the rebuttal opinions from the people over at "the other OK gun forum" and folks like the Oklahoma Rifle Association I can find plenty of folks who like the shoe and buy the shoe.

"gun guy"... folks who profess to like firearms, or claim to be part of the firearms culture. Talk to the average Oklahoman (or most mid westerners) and you will get that vibe.

Latest posts