Help?

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
All of you guys are great about letting me borrow your equipment for Sunday, but my daughter-in-law just called and said that we are now back on for our Annual "Thelma & Louise" trip tomorrow to the Grand Canyon -- we have both had the "crud". So, if I read correctly the matches are on 1st and 3rd Sundays. I can make sure to be up there on the 3rd Sunday.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
There's a shoot at the OKCGC this weekend lots of fun toys to look at, it's supposed to be a nice weekend so I'm sure there will be a rather large turnout. Later,

Kirk

imacgyver

Founding Member
Ive got baby hands :( too

I've always wanted a Berretta 92FS and ended up buying a taurus clone and immediately realized that my hands are way too small for this gun - mainly to operate the magazine release safely without breaking my wrist or 180. I have the small grip on my M&P and know that the large is way too big.

That P30 looks really nice and it looks like you have several configuration options for fit with the lateral plates and back straps

Aggieddad02

Well-Known Fanatic
Squirrel, I guess it is my turn to stir the pot. I like you have small hands also. I owned several XD's and shot them well but the challenge when I began looking at shooting USPSA were the magazine changes. I could not get a positive grip on the gun to reach the mag release. I began the quest for the right gun for me and like you handled a lot of guns before settling in on the M&P. I have to tell you it was the best decison for me. You can do a lot with the trigger and Mike Cyrwus is the Guru ot M&P trigger jobs. The other nice touch with the M&P is the ability to reverse the mag release button. I shot with a female shooter at a match and she had her mag release button reversed to facilitate her mag changes. You are lucky that you have had so many offers to handle individual guns by the members here so take advantage of it and choose what is best feeling for you. Good luck and welcome to the gun games :)

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay...so where is the OKCGC and what time....are the offers still up for someone one with a baby grip on their guns to let me try them?

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Squirrel, I won't be at OKCGC Saturday, but I will be at H&H Sunday night for that match. You are welcome to run my XDm 9mm then if you like. It has the smallest grip panel installed on it. I've also got a holster and mag holder for it. You just need a belt and ammo.

Let me know if you'll be there and want me to bring it.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
I'll see you there. I'll be there by 5:30 for sure or a little before. It will be my first match at H&H. I'll be wearing jeans, gray plain t-shirt, and a cabela's hat.

Steve McGinley

Latest posts