Hello from Elk City

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't know this site existed until Jesse sent me a message on M4carbine. I've been a member at AR15.com since 2004. I just joined M4carbine recently for a change of pace. I'm 36, been married for 11 years and have 3 kids. My step son is 18, my daughter is 13, and we just last year adopted a 4 year old girl. I've been the head of code enforcement in Elk City for 7 years. Prior to that I was a journeyman plumber for 12 years. I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys and hopefully contributing something to the site when I can.
I grew up in Elk City. I agree. Alot of red dirt, and a few sticks. lol

poopile

Fanatic
I spent alot of time in Erick as a youngster. Is Dell High still around?

I think so but just barely. That's one of those places that you just don't have a reason to go to. I see you're from Yukon. I lived there until I was about 12. Been a few years ago back in the 80's. It really hasn't changed much in all those years.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
I think so but just barely. That's one of those places that you just don't have a reason to go to. I see you're from Yukon. I lived there until I was about 12. Been a few years ago back in the 80's. It really hasn't changed much in all those years.
I remember going to the Dell High Steak house to eat, but that was a long time ago.

poopile

Fanatic
Welcome! I spent quite a bit of time in Elk City 2002 - 2007 working on wells...

Thank you. That was during our last boom. That's about the time I started as the inspector and we were building like crazy. Man, what a way to break out a new inspector! What was your honest opinion of our little town?

Oleg Tolmachev

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you. That was during our last boom. That's about the time I started as the inspector and we were building like crazy. Man, what a way to break out a new inspector! What was your honest opinion of our little town?

I liked it. Spent a good bit of time on the golf course and could never find better pork ribs than at the Hog Trough! Work was fun, too. The Holiday Inn was my home away form home!

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
could never find better pork ribs than at the Hog Trough!
Thats because Biggsly was cooking the ribs back then. lol
My wife and I were co-owners of the Hog Trough until 2006. I have had many people tell me that I smoke the best ribs. My wife's parents own it now. Now I have people ask me why they don't cook them the way I did. They still do good with it.
One of my fans that wanted to tell me how good the ribs were. Not to brag....lol
100_0342.jpg

shooterdave

Uncivil Servant
Ok, nice pics and all but let's get back to the important stuff... Prairie Dog hunting... I have ALWAYS wanted to do this and hear tales of farmers letting you hunt them for free. So, is there any truth to this and if so, why have we not booked the 1st inaugural BoomerShooters prairie dog slaughter?.? Oh, yeah. Welcome...

Latest posts