Hello from Elk City

poopile

Fanatic
I didn't know this site existed until Jesse sent me a message on M4carbine. I've been a member at AR15.com since 2004. I just joined M4carbine recently for a change of pace. I'm 36, been married for 11 years and have 3 kids. My step son is 18, my daughter is 13, and we just last year adopted a 4 year old girl. I've been the head of code enforcement in Elk City for 7 years. Prior to that I was a journeyman plumber for 12 years. I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys and hopefully contributing something to the site when I can.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
No, I'm not from Bessie. I just saw that the fella above me was. I'm from Elk City. Even further west from civilization, lol.

Whew! I knew Brian was and I like him a lot but TWO people from Bessie would have probably been cause for alarm.

Anywho, why don't you think about driving over to Weatherford this weekend for an IDPA match at Tin Star?

poopile

Fanatic
I am butt ignorant when it comes to competition. That is defensive pistol, correct? Are these the matches that are geared toward concealed carry?

poopile

Fanatic
I've had my CCW license for 4 years and carry daily. I have an XD40 and a Ruger LCP with IWB holsters and a couple of mags for each. Is that even close to the right equipment for an IDPA match?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I've had my CCW license for 4 years and carry daily. I have an XD40 and a Ruger LCP with IWB holsters and a couple of mags for each. Is that even close to the right equipment for an IDPA match?

Yeah the XD will be perfect. You might need another mag but I bet you could get by with 2.

Throw on a cover shirt and your good to go.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to Boomer Shooter. Your far out west but i can top that. My family comes from sweetwater on my dad's side and Del high on my mom's side. When everybody moved off the farm, they moved to the great big city of Eric. This is a great site. You'll enjoy it.

poopile

Fanatic
If you need to borrow an XD 40 mag or two for a Heartland match let me know, I have several.

Wes

I appreciate the offer Wes. I really wouldn't mind spectating a match or two to get a feel for it. But if I remember right, there's not alot of room for rubberneckers at Tin Star.
Welcome to Boomer Shooter. Your far out west but i can top that. My family comes from sweetwater on my dad's side and Del high on my mom's side. When everybody moved off the farm, they moved to the great big city of Eric. This is a great site. You'll enjoy it.

Man I love Sweetwater. It's about 45 minutes north of us but we have a couple of nice places to hunt prairie dogs which is one of my favorite pastimes. I haven't been up there for a year or more and I miss it.

I assumed that Erick had dried up and blown away by now, lol. Not much there anymore.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
There is always room for a new shooter to watch the match without getting in the way. I always tell everyone to bring their guns, gear and ammo because once you see the action and how much fun it is you will want to shoot!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
IDPA stages are limited to 18 rounds each. So a 4-5 stage match which is typical of a local match would be under 100. It's always nice to have more than enough in case they have you shooting a bunch of steel which if you're me requires 2-3 shots each.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
I spent alot of time in Erick as a youngster. Is Dell High still around?

Latest posts