H&H annual classifier match

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Yep, like I said, there are good Shooters, and there are good Classifier Shooters. Won't be no reshoot classifiers if I'm manning the keyboard. I'll give Ms. Match Director you're classifier suggestions. Like I said, I'm just a very low paid admin assistant. Last time I screwed up 3 people's scores and got screeched at. That girl can frickin screech like scissorhands on a chalkboard.

Chambers

actual GM
Equipment failure isnt an indicator of skill......
Just DIY gunsmiths!

Well, you don't get reshoots on the other stages when your gun jams. But that's not what I meant!

There's some ambiguity about reshoots in the USPSA classifier manual...and a lot of clubs give classifier reshoots for $5 or whatever. The first score must be used for the match, but the higher % gets sent to USPSA.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95728&st=0

Really!!! how is that fair??

They're only hurting themselves.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
We have allowed that a few times. I think it's better if everyone just shoots the classifier the best they can once. Some have sudden mysterious gun problems on the classifier when it ran fine on the rest of the match. Hmmmm.

backer

Well-Known Fanatic
We have allowed that a few times. I think it's better if everyone just shoots the classifier the best they can once. Some have sudden mysterious gun problems on the classifier when it ran fine on the rest of the match. Hmmmm.

That's called classification management.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
In golf it's called sandbagging. I know we don't have any of those in the shooting community. :drag:

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
Since someone will need to finish last to make everyone else look good, I will be there! My goal for the year is to simply learn what the hell I am doing and not get disqualified -- I think this is a good goal personally.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
In a classifier only match they won't count if you zero them. I did that last year in one terrible stage. So a year later now I get to finish my revo classification.

Just me. It's been stated publicly so I guess I might as well admit it.

What makes a classifier not count?

In a classifier only match they won't count if you zero them. I did that last year in one terrible stage. So a year later now I get to finish my revo classification.

In golf it's called sandbagging. I know we don't have any of those in the shooting community. :drag:

Just me. It's been stated publicly do I guess I might as well admit it.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
No, just slo..........w. I know you've got moon clips for your 625 and speed loaders for your k frame you gamer. As a matter of fact, I found a pack of 625 moon clips I'm giving you since you took that 625 off my hands.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Sweet! I'll take them.

But I can't shoot the 625 unless Troy can **** out a holster for me. So K frame it is...

la_emperatriz

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey everybody,

Shannon here, thought I'd better check in before the hordes of forum egos (led by my fabulous pstmstr) take over the world and give my match a snarky reputation.

We will not release the classifier numbers for the four classifier match. I promise they will be all one string and they will be ones we haven't shot within the last six months at H&H or OKCGC. As mentioned at the beginning, you will be welcome to shoot two guns. There will be no re-shoots (unless there's a standard error- RO interference, range malfunction etc.).

I know the whole story about the tiers- and while it would be nice not to have to stand around and wait, that approach isn't very practical at H&H where we all have to get through all four stages and we can't start any earlier, so I know everyone will just be patient if we have a bunch of shooters.

You do not have to be a member to shoot the classifier match, but as Mike pointed out, right before the super classifier is a great time to join. Join online or we'll have forms at the match.

Sandbagging is unsportsmanlike conduct and is therefore a match disqualification offense as per 10.6.1. However, I'm not prepared to levy charges like that without significant supporting evidence, internet discussion notwithstanding, so if everyone can just behave ethically at the match, we'll all be fine.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend! We'll even have new sticks.

Thanks so much to everyone for all your help.
-Shannon

P.S. Mike does totally have a man-crush on chambers.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
WOW, a shannon sighting on the board, that is rare, it is like a firework, loud and bright but then it's gone!!

Latest posts