Greeting guests

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay guys and gals. Its that simple which weapon do you choose to have by your side when answering the door?

Personally I have a very small collection of firearms compared to most here so I seem to always answer or check the door with my embarrassing beeter pistol. After reeding and realizing that if you did have to use your weapon that the police would be confiscating it I decided I didn't want them taking one of my nicer guns.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I keep a Glock 17 in my night stand, a Rossi or Taurus .357 snubby in the wifes night stand and I will soon have a Benelli M1 in the corner. I will take one of those depending on how mean the knock sounds.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Note to self - when robbing JT - knock like grandma knocks making cute little melodies on the door to catch him off guard. I just have a golf club near by - I'm an easy target...

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, gotta have a shotty tucked in the corner, but thats never convienient to "tuck away" and keep grandma from having heart attack when she comes to visit.

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
I answer the door with my Glock 22. Out where I live, I don't get very many knocks on the door

DutchWrangler

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't bother getting up to check since it's either someone selling crap or religion. Living in an apartment means I'm never more than a few feet away from three loaded pistols and two 12g shotties...

EagleScout

Well-Known Fanatic
I always have my Ruger sr9c on me at home and within reach when sleeping. Also have a 12ga near bye if needed.

First thing they get when knocking on the door at night is the dog barking at the door then the flood lights =)

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
Just about everyone that comes to my place knows to call my cell when entering the driveway. I don't even go to the door unless you call. When I'm home and finally inside for the evening I'm pretty lazy.

Airic

I shoot.
When I lived in DFW, people called before coming over and I didn't answer the door for people I don't know personally. Now that I'm back in Oklahoma in a small town, I've laxed that a little.

12ga attitude adjuster is still never far away....

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
Accurate Iron Glock 21SF with Surefire X300 & DG Switch. Gun is loaded with 18 rounds of Speer 230gr Gold Dot (Arredondo +4 baseplate on mag).

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
My dog takes care or it for me. She may only be a 25lb miniature Australian shepherd but she sounds like a bull dog trying to get though the front door. The UPS guy doesnt even ring the door bell anymore. He drops the package off and honks the horn as he is driving off. But just in case I always have my glock on me unless its the middle of the night then the shotty comes out

dennishoddy

Well, for me, unless wearing my tighty whiteys, or speedo in the summer :huh:, my keltech p3-at will be in a pocket, and depending on where I'm at in the house, there is something much bigger handy. We live in the sticks of Osage county, with LOTS of big windows. Not saying somebody couldn't slip by all of the motion detector lights, driveway motion detector, etc, but everything is possible.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
It hurts getting hit with one of those SpeerGoldDot's.

What do you shoot? ESP?

I shoot this one in CDP (it's my duty gun as well). Most of the time I shoot a G-17 in SSP though.

well that does it, i am going to knock on your door just so i can see your sweet gun!!

HAHA, I'll try to post up some pics of it now that I have a decent camera! :)

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
It would be a break-open action .308 or .30-06 - Less than 200 bucks and it only takes 1.

Problem is if you shoot that it will go through the person, through your house and into the neghibors house. I would not reccomend using either of those. way to much overpenetration.

imacgyver

Founding Member
Use fast opening bullets of 150 grains or less. The Nosler Ballistic Tip, Hornady V-Max, and Remington Accu-Tip are examples of quick-opening bullets that are available in several brands of factory loaded ammunition.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I agree with Redneck. Did I just say that? surely that can't happen very often :)