Good semi for around $800

White Kid

The American Reaper
What would be a good semi for under $800?
I ain't looking for a Glock, they're nice but it's just nothing special to me.
I'm more into something around the size of a SA XDM 3.8 compact or bigger like a full size gun like a Beretta 92 or so.
Something in either 9mm or 45.
I'm kinda scared to get an XDM because they remind me a bit to much like a Glock and then I'll probably feel disappointed.
But something like from HK, FNH, CZ, Sig, and maybe old S&W like their 3rd Generation series.
I'm not really sure what to get since I'm on a tight budget and I really want me something nice.
I'm already paying about $400 on parts and a revolver.
I really need help with this here.

Avezorak

.22 LR
I like Springfield striker fired guns. You can get pretty much any of them in that price range. Several of their 1911's are around that price too. Look at the FNP and FNX pistols as well as the Sig 226's and Sig 1911's

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
For the money and reliability it's hard to be a Glock, XDm or an M&P. I have an XDm 5.25 in 9mm that is nice but, my favorite is my M&P 4" 9mm that I use for concealed carry.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Avezorak said:
I like Springfield striker fired guns. You can get pretty much any of them in that price range. Several of their 1911's are around that price too. Look at the FNP and FNX pistols as well as the Sig 226's and Sig 1911's
I'd love to get the FNX45, that's like my dream gun of a 45 besides my 1911 but on gunbroker they're a bit pricey, I might try though.

White Kid

The American Reaper
xdnok said:
For the money and reliability it's hard to be a Glock, XDm or an M&P. I have an XDm 5.25 in 9mm that is nice but, my favorite is my M&P 4" 9mm that I use for concealed carry.
I'm thinking about the XDM 3.8 compact, it seems really nice. I went up to my local gun store and handled with one today and it felt alright. But it kinda reminds me of a Glock though and I had a Glock 22 and got rid of it. So that's where I'm kinda questioning myself at. I've thought of the M&P series. They seem ok, if I get on though I'm putting that Apex trigger in though, S&W screwed up on the triggers, that's just my opinion.
Robusto said:
Dillion press, cause you are gonna need more gun food.
I wish I had the money to afford that cuz prices are going up and up and up and up! :p

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Zander Pharr said:
I'm kinda scared to get an XDM because they remind me a bit to much like a Glock and then I'll probably feel disappointed.
But something like from HK, FNH, CZ, Sig, and maybe old S&W like their 3rd Generation series.
What do you want this gun for? You're kind of all over the place.

If you just want a "nice gun" to shoot once in a while you could get a Hi Power.

Or you could spend the money on a TDSA class + ammo. Just sayin'.

boomer mooner

Well-Known Fanatic
CZ's are great. I bought a single action 75B about 10 years ago and it's the only gun I still have that I owned 10 years ago. If you've never shot a 75B you need to try one. They feel great, accurate and mine will shoot anything I feed it.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
poopgiggle said:
What do you want this gun for? You're kind of all over the place.If you just want a "nice gun" to shoot once in a while you could get a Hi Power.Or you could spend the money on a TDSA class + ammo. Just sayin'.
Urgh. Hi powers remind me of how even a Mormony-genius-fella can take a 1911 and screw with it until it's completely f'd up.

Latest posts