Glock 34 for 3 gun

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
JeffH said:
I think I'm going full retard. Going to send to glockworks. Trigger, barrel, springs, and do grip work also. I may not shoot good but the gun will look cool.

My slide came from Glockworx. It was free. I like it even more because of that fact. If you undercut the trigger guard and add a beavertail, make sure you change out the slide release to a standard glock slim one. I kept engaging the slide lock while firing because my thumbs ended up that high. Took out the extended slide release and no more problems. (at least with the firearm, I still suck with the pistol.)

mikey80

Negative Approach
BGAvitek said:
I just picked up the Gen 4 Glock 34 I've been lusting after for quite some time today. Can't wait to get it rigged up and start shooting some matches. Does anyone have any experience with the Glockworx/VZ competition spring kit and connector?
Go ahead and pick up the skeletonized/lightened striker if your planning on lightening the firing pin spring. I did and mine hits CCI primers every time. Tony has them at Make Ready Pro Shop.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jake Burki said:
Put in a ghost connector and a lighter firing pin spring if you want. That's about all you need IMO.
Do this then get the skeletenized firing pin and polish the contact points. Nothing else is really needed. That's why I'm not doing glock trigger work anymore, its too damn easy and I feel like a dick charging people for it.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Matt Rigsby said:
Do this then get the skeletenized firing pin and polish the contact points. Nothing else is really needed. That's why I'm not doing glock trigger work anymore, its too damn easy and I feel like a dick charging people for it.
How about expanding to XDm triggers :)

Matt Rigsby said:
You did forget to add that lots of guys see the latest new glock accessory or bauble and stick it in their guns and fark it up, and then forget to tell you when they whine that their trigger goes dead or dont tell you they put in a 9# recoil spring.

A light trigger jobbed glock trigger usually means a slapfest is waiting to happen. Uneducated glock shooters actually find this desirable, and then eventually wind up casting off their glocks for the next new thing.

anyone asking what they should do to their glock, should learn how to be a good practicer of pistol fundamentals. Then at the VERY least; they will be telling their gunsmith what they want their glock trigger to be, not the other way around.

DarkStar

Fanatic
I have the glockworx trigger on my 34. It is a delicate balancing act to match the weight of the recoil spring with the load you are running, most people think lighter is better but I agree with mike: slapfest! As far as the skeletonized Stryker goes... I had one that broke in half during a stage causing me to have an accidental discharge/disqualification on the first stage of a match. When I took slide off and inspected it was snapped at one of the holes designed to bring weight down. Now I use a solid titanium one.

Brandi

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone local OKC do M&P trigger work? I love my M&P40 but the trigger is horrible and I'd love to get it fixed so it doesn't feel like it's full of kitty litter sometime this year.

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
The Thing i know Stipple the grip if you desire. It's easy with a soldering iron or wood burning iron. You can use a dremel and file to smooth out the finger grooves if you want and slivers from a A2 grip to fill in before you stipple...