Glock 34 for 3 gun

Jeffrey Hite

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a stock Glock 34. I want to send it off to be customized and upgraded with barrel, trigger, the works. Who does great work on Glocks that I will be happy with?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'd say Accurate Iron but I don't think Mike is doing Glock work or taking new customers.

Taran Tactical can make a Glock look awesome. ZEV melted my RMR into my Open Glock. It's nice too.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I do Glock trigger work. I've done it for several members on here.

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
Put in a ghost connector and a lighter firing pin spring if you want. That's about all you need IMO.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Don't go full retard on mods with a Glock. Sights, a small amount of trigger work, and mags that hold a bunch of ammo is all you need.

Don't undercut it, carve up the slide, etc. There isn't a target in any game save NRA action pistol or bullseye that a stock Glock 34 can't quickly deal with as long as the shooter is up to it.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
^^^ What the yawning cat said.

The only other thing I can think of is a magwell if it's for 3 gun, which isn't a necessity. If you'll be using it for USPSA you'd have to shoot limited minor with a magwell installed.

Edit: Burki nailed it also.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
The trigger job is easy. Get a Ghost 3.5 Ultimate trigger kit from MakeReadyProShop.com. Polish the connector and trigger bar. I can't remember what else I polished. I polished all engaging surfaces. That concludes the trigger job. Polishing takes some time to do right.

Stipple the grip if you desire. It's easy with a soldering iron or wood burning iron. You can use a dremel and file to smooth out the finger grooves if you want and slivers from a A2 grip to fill in before you stipple.

Magwell and extended base pads sum it up.

I have some Taran Tactical sights I bought a few months ago and haven't installed because I went with a new pistol. Can't provide insight on sights.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Sights are personal preference, but I like a solid black rear with a red fiber optic front. I'm not a fan of adjustable sights either. I've had the elevation screw snap in the middle of a stage before. Not cool.

jtischauser

technetium-99m said:
Don't go full retard on mods with a Glock. Sights, a small amount of trigger work, and mags that hold a bunch of ammo is all you need.

Don't undercut it, carve up the slide, etc. There isn't a target in any game save NRA action pistol or bullseye that a stock Glock 34 can't quickly deal with as long as the shooter is up to it.
Undercut trigger guard is mandatory IMHO. I get a callus from the Glock frame. Come to think if it a beavertail is also mandatory. (Neither of which is legal for Production Division)

Wait maybe I should just say get the M&P if you have big hands.

jtischauser

JeffH said:
I think I'm going full retard. Going to send to glockworks. Trigger, barrel, springs, and do grip work also. I may not shoot good but the gun will look cool.
Spending more and having it built by one of the bigger names in the Glock world helps resale value too. I sold my accurate iron guns for close to what I paid for them.

BGAvitek

Fanatic
I just picked up the Gen 4 Glock 34 I've been lusting after for quite some time today. Can't wait to get it rigged up and start shooting some matches. Does anyone have any experience with the Glockworx/VZ competition spring kit and connector?

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
BGAvitek said:
I just picked up the Gen 4 Glock 34 I've been lusting after for quite some time today. Can't wait to get it rigged up and start shooting some matches. Does anyone have any experience with the Glockworx/VZ competition spring kit and connector?

I have 2 sets, one in my G34 and one in my son's. I need to get around to polishing up the rest of the parts but the Glockworx stuff makes the stock glock trigger a lot nicer.