Garage find today..

Boston Bill

Fanatic
Well and that's not gonna get any better any time soon unfortunately
I know. I have enough for my reloading but am not using that so there is that. Found some black powder recently so I am good there also. TOW seems to have RB with no problem and I have plenty to feed the 1863 Sharps Carbine and rifle.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a plus for sure, alternatives a good thing, my alternative not quite as interesting, Glock 37 in 45 Gap, found lot of that at very good price then one day it just doubled in price but decent stockpile built up, gonna be interesting headed forward

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I inherited a few boxes of 22lr along with my dads lever action rifle last fall after he passed two years ago. Boxes of 22 were all still stickers at a buck a box.A5856880-A3D8-415A-9400-79616231C730.jpeg

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
" Boxes of 22 were all still stickers at a buck a box..." Gee.. doesn't seem that long ago , when they were priced @ $1.00/ box...

I bought a case (5K) of Blazer 22's on sale , mostly because they includeed free shipping..(& we know ammo is heavy, when you have to pay for shipping!)
Have been tempted to sell some, as I don't shoot rimfires much anymore, but figure it's always nice to have..and it's never going to be priced as low as when I bought it.

That's a nice looking rifle, Babboonbobo. Browning ? Remington ? .. ???

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I guess we're revealing age here. The best price I can remember is $1.25 for a box of Remington Golden Bullets. I bet I put thousands of them through my old Marlin 60.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Good old Marlin /Glenfield Model 60.
.Kmart used to have them on sale for $49.99 almost every week.I
bought a couple & put a lot of rds. thru them..Gave them to friends , after I got my 1st 10-22
Now, wish I'd kept one of them..

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to own a Western Auto 22 revolver. Kind of wish I still had it, but the double action trigger pull was so hard, it left a blister on my trigger finger! Great conversation piece, but needed a serious trigger job!!

shotgun2002

Fanatic
My Dad bought a High Standard Sport King and a Mossberg US44 before I was born, Me and my sisters learned to shoot on them, Now my sons and daughters have learned to shoot on them and has carried on to my great grand kids and now my great great grand kids. It is more that a gun, it is the history of my family.

falrifles

Fanatic
I remember buying Remington Thunderbolt and Winchester Wildcat bricks of 500 for $5.00. I believe it was from K-Mart. 50 years ago. Great prices for a 17-18 year old kid with a hungry Marlin 39D and time to kill, while growing up in Iowa.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
If I mentioned this I apologize, my pop bought a Western Auto 64-65, little small town, I was 9-10, I still have his Hi Standard 22 magnum derringer and 9 shot sentinel 22 nickel plated snub nose, found a Revelation 16 ga pump for cheap at a local auction and a box of Revelation 16 ga shells, Western Autos house brand

he ran it till around 84-85 maybe, anyway always cool for me to see or hear about WA stuff

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I remember Western Auto stores.. there was one on the main street of downtown Pontiac, Mi.. in the 60's anyway. a couple of doors from the downtown Sears-Roebucks store.. that was a long time ago.

I remember when walking into Sears, Pennys, & all those wooden floored hardware stores where we just smelled the section we wanted.
SPORTING GOODS as in Good American Sporting equipment, where they had Guns of all kinds & stocks of wood grown 500 years ago.

Yes I remember. I miss the old Guns & Ammo stores & the people who ran them. :(

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah those are good memories for sure, my first gun a Revelation 20 ga single shot, 2nd a Remington 550 22 I think, had that little deflector to knock brass down, gave first to my oldest son, 2nd to youngest son, 2nd child. My dad sold Lord knows how many Revelation lever action 30-30's, more deer probably taken with 30-30 than all calibers combined, anyway better stop, could go on forever with WA stories

Boston Bill

Fanatic
I just finished a box of 100 Remington Target std velocity. It was an old box. From Woolworths for $2.19. Shot nicely to thru my Advantage Arms on an Essex frame.

Latest posts