First Time LEO Qualifying Thursday...

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I usually only run Cobra Mags in my full sized 1911's. My SA RO likes Mec Gar, so I had stocked up on those before I got the Colt. I will have a nice supply of the Tripp mags soon..

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It is confirmed, I can put the Block back in the safe... I can carry my 1911's. I think I will carry the Springfield first. I can't decide if I want to put a magwell on the SA or not. I do want to replace the grips, they are stag, but I have found a better source of stag grips. I am kinda thinking a NHC or WC 25 lpi just might be ordered soon. :cool:

Attachments

• SA RO Stag.JPG
    SA RO Stag.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 3

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It must be my Colt 1911s.
I bought 3 new CMC SS 8 rd mags for my CCW Commander & all three had some problem feeding hard ball. :eek:
Don't trust them at all. Was it the 8 rd capacity that caused feeding issues. I don't know they are not stock 7 rounders.

I use the Military 7rd mag tube in brown wrap, change the spring 2 Wolff & a Pachmayr SS rounded follower.
So far they have worked 100% & I trust them with my life everyday.

My mags must work & my ammo must feed & fire, that's all I ask from my 1911, my Mags & my S&B 230gr Ball ammo.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
It is confirmed, I can put the Block back in the safe... I can carry my 1911's. I think I will carry the Springfield first. I can't decide if I want to put a magwell on the SA or not. I do want to replace the grips, they are stag, but I have found a better source of stag grips. I am kinda thinking a NHC or WC 25 lpi just might be ordered soon. :cool:
Excellent

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Grips are ordered, and I forgot I ordered a government sized magwell a while back by mistake. Either the Colt of SA will be getting a nice set of grips from Tyler Gun Works. :cool:

And if felt nice carrying a real gun this evening, instead of a plastic gun.

Rusty Guns

Active Fanatic
I carried a Colt Commander on duty and off for fifteen years as an LEO.
When I moved to another state, they did not accept my LE certification.
I went to work as a dispatcher and started carrying a G-23, a lot lighter.
I also liked the 40 round. I stayed there for five years. I still carry that G-23 and swap it out with my Rock Island Compact 1911.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I bet a Gov 1911 in .40 would be a smooth shooting gun.

I have owned a couple of G23's... The only one I really liked shooting was one I put a 9mm lung buster barrel (Lone Wolf 9mmLB model) :cool: in. Wound up selling both of the G23's.

Last edited:

Lefty319

Fanatic
Good luck in qualifying! Just act like it's another fun day on the range.
Wishing you well in your qualifying. Hope it was fun for you.
I remember ( many yrs. ago) watching some local PD officers shoot @ my club's range..it was NOT impressive.
I thought to myself.. If I was a LEO, I'd want to shoot a LOT better than they were..
From their targets, I could see I shot much better than they were shooting.
( & I didn't think of myself as a great, or even good shot )
Funny story Joe pistol, my son in law is a full time fireman/paramedic. They decided to add paramedics to the swat team so he signed up and they accepted him on the team. He out shoots 90% of them with the glock and AR's. Has no formal training like all the full time officers, just natural ability.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

Funny story Joe pistol, my son in law is a full time fireman/paramedic. They decided to add paramedics to the swat team so he signed up and they accepted him on the team. He out shoots 90% of them with the glock and AR's. Has no formal training like all the full time officers, just natural ability.

Ya know what? Sometimes I think those who grew up around guns, and learned how to use them safely, often turn out better than those who may not have grown up that way. Just look at the "country boys" as an example. Some of those cats grew up shooting almost before they could walk! You learn how to make your shots count, especially when you're shooting your meals for the winter or for supper. A lot can be said for practical experience. Good on your son in law! He did well.

Latest posts