First Time LEO Qualifying Thursday...

Fred_G

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I usually only run Cobra Mags in my full sized 1911's. My SA RO likes Mec Gar, so I had stocked up on those before I got the Colt. I will have a nice supply of the Tripp mags soon..

JC54

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
I've never tried them.
I was looking to up my # of carry mags. I read good stuff about the Tripp Cobramags so I bought a couple.
After that I replaced all my mags with them. Then with riots blocking streets a couple years ago I bought MORE to carry. (limit me to mags that hold 10 or less . . . I gotta carry a lot more mags!)

Fred_G

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It is confirmed, I can put the Block back in the safe... I can carry my 1911's. I think I will carry the Springfield first. I can't decide if I want to put a magwell on the SA or not. I do want to replace the grips, they are stag, but I have found a better source of stag grips. I am kinda thinking a NHC or WC 25 lpi just might be ordered soon. :cool:

Attachments

• SA RO Stag.JPG
    SA RO Stag.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 1
Mike A1

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It must be my Colt 1911s.
I bought 3 new CMC SS 8 rd mags for my CCW Commander & all three had some problem feeding hard ball. :eek:
Don't trust them at all. Was it the 8 rd capacity that caused feeding issues. I don't know they are not stock 7 rounders.

I use the Military 7rd mag tube in brown wrap, change the spring 2 Wolff & a Pachmayr SS rounded follower.
So far they have worked 100% & I trust them with my life everyday.

My mags must work & my ammo must feed & fire, that's all I ask from my 1911, my Mags & my S&B 230gr Ball ammo.

B

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
It is confirmed, I can put the Block back in the safe... I can carry my 1911's. I think I will carry the Springfield first. I can't decide if I want to put a magwell on the SA or not. I do want to replace the grips, they are stag, but I have found a better source of stag grips. I am kinda thinking a NHC or WC 25 lpi just might be ordered soon. :cool:
Excellent

Fred_G

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Grips are ordered, and I forgot I ordered a government sized magwell a while back by mistake. Either the Colt of SA will be getting a nice set of grips from Tyler Gun Works. :cool:

And if felt nice carrying a real gun this evening, instead of a plastic gun.

Latest posts