fireclean issues when cold?

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
has anyone had any issues with fireclean.
The stuff worked great all summer when out was nice and hot, but now that it is cold my guns shoot like they are full of syrup after 100 rounds or so. Just curious if this is my culprit or if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I noticed the same thing after Jake Burki brought it to my attention.
I went back to Mobil One.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to give it a try since I was also disappointed in FrogLube. Guess I will stick with BreakFree and motor oil as well.

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
Has anyone used kroil?
It's a penetrating oil. Not sure if it is a good idea because wd40 is a penetrating oil add well and its a terrible idea.

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
I have also been using a lot of some stuff that has not been released yet, area 51 motorsports makes it and seems to be great so far, designed by a guy that engineers racing engine lubes

I just deep cleaned a gun that was muck full of this fire frog or whatever. I thought it was the cold also, but i warmed it up and it was still sticky. I thing the issue is thast you cant clean it off very well and a couple of wipe/re-lube cycles and its like me after a stack of pancakes; plugged up

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike, the gun you are working on has had that syrup feeling for quite a while, i got it cleaned up once, but what did i do but give him more fireclean. My pistol did the same thing at ussa this last weekend. I took it home and cleaned it up and used some different oil and it seems to be back to normal. Fireclean worked great in the warm weather for me but i'm thinking it is a bad idea when the temps drop.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I've given up on fancy gun cleaning **** because I'm tired of paying $monkeybux for stuff that doesn't work any better than stuff from the automotive section of Wal-Mart. Also I'm tired of snake oil salesman making bullshit claims about "seasoning the metal" or whatever else idiot pseudo-science thing is in vogue this week.

E: I have also experienced similar issues with Frog Lube. It's not bad on M&Ps, I assume because the bearing surface between the slide and frame rails is so small, but on a 1911 it feels like I lubed it with Silly Putty when the temperature gets below 60 or so.

Ryan Muller said:
Mike, the gun you are working on has had that syrup feeling for quite a while, i got it cleaned up once, but what did i do but give him more fireclean. My pistol did the same thing at ussa this last weekend. I took it home and cleaned it up and used some different oil and it seems to be back to normal. Fireclean worked great in the warm weather for me but i'm thinking it is a bad idea when the temps drop.
Ah. I think the recoilmaster is also on the weak side.
I think mobil one (or any normal type mon evaporating gun oil) lasts just long enough to where you need to clean your gun anyway. That stuff was everywhere, internally. It went a couple times thru an ultrasonic cleaner and I still had to usa a pick and qtips.

I dont know if you know this, but Accurate Ron is something of a nature lover. He keeps chickens, free range chickens. Well, one day, Ron left a door open, and one of the old male chickens walked right into Ron's shop. In the process of finding a place to roost, he decided to knock over bottles of solvents, oils, detergents, analytical chemicals, etc. (Ron has a Chemistry minor, if you didnt know!) So the next day, Ron came into the shop and saw the mess; empty bottles, jars, beakers, all empty!
There was no sign of the chemicals that were once within them, only an oily pool of liquid gathered below his cock, who had managed to wedge himself amongst the items on Ron's shelf.

Thus was born the newest firearm protectant and lubricant. Look for it soon, coming to a fearless gun dealer or firearm accessory shop near you.

45recoil

likes to party
mike cyrwus said:
I dont know if you know this, but Accurate Ron is something of a nature lover. He keeps chickens, free range chickens. Well, one day, Ron left a door open, and one of the old male chickens walked right into Ron's shop. In the process of finding a place to roost, he decided to knock over bottles of solvents, oils, detergents, analytical chemicals, etc. (Ron has a Chemistry minor, if you didnt know!) So the next day, Ron came in the next day and saw the mess; empty bottles, jars, beakers, all empty, and the only sign of the chemicals that were once within them was an oily pool of liquid gathered below his cock, who had managed to wedge himself amongst the items on Ron's shelf.

Thus was born the newest firearm protectant and lubricant. Look for it soon, coming to a fearless gun dealer or firearm accessory shop near you.
accurate ron's synthetic garage cock liquid? Ill wait till jesse trys it out first.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
If these lubes are freezing up your guns, you're using too much. That mostly applies to the FL but you don't need to run your guns wet with either.

shooterrdy

Active Fanatic
Been running Fire clean on the interior bolt only for a while now and I don't feel its worth the price I bought my first and last bottle of it no doubt.
I do however think that Masters Gun Oil OGS 3 is incredible it stays on and runs great on everything. I do use M Pro 7 LPX through the bore when patching that's all I use it for works great.

I had a bad experience with CFE .223 powder corroding the bolt tail bad it left the barrel bore clean but caked up bad on the bolt bad enough the rifle would not open
after it set for a week after only about 120 rounds. So there could be a problem with the powder you run as well. I will no longer use CFE.

dennishoddy

Ryan Muller said:
Has anyone used kroil?
It's a penetrating oil. Not sure if it is a good idea because wd40 is a penetrating oil add well and its a terrible idea.
WD40 is a water displacement fluid. It sucks trying to use it as a gun lube. In cold weather below 20 degrees or so, it turns into gum. Back in the early days, I tried it on a Mark I Ruger .22 pistol. No worky.

The Kroil is an amazing stuff for what its designed for, a penetrating oil. Just my opinion, but I don't think it has the viscosity to take the pressures that some of the gun components have to endure.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
mike cyrwus said:
I dont know if you know this, but Accurate Ron is something of a nature lover. He keeps chickens, free range chickens. Well, one day, Ron left a door open, and one of the old male chickens walked right into Ron's shop. In the process of finding a place to roost, he decided to knock over bottles of solvents, oils, detergents, analytical chemicals, etc. (Ron has a Chemistry minor, if you didnt know!) So the next day, Ron came into the shop and saw the mess; empty bottles, jars, beakers, all empty!
There was no sign of the chemicals that were once within them, only an oily pool of liquid gathered below his cock, who had managed to wedge himself amongst the items on Ron's shelf.

When you name it, make sure you avoid copyright issues. There's prior art for a similar product.

rT52b6D.jpg

Latest posts