Favorite Shotgun

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Do you have a favorite shotgun?

I'm partial to the mossberg 500 series I have.

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
On the assumption that "favorite" means a shotgun that I own, as opposed to one that I'd like to own; I'd say the SKB 100 side by side. It was a very nice bird Gun when I bought it. Now it's cut down and slicked up for cowboy shooting.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I love a good double barrel shotgun. The looks and just classic look is awesome.

This thread is for just the shotguns we owned or have owned :)

M16MANIAC

Well-Known Fanatic
I really liked my Remington 1100 but just sold it this weekend. Reason being that I just bought a Remington 11-87 left hand premier. I'm not a lefty but have poor vision in my right eye which has me shooting left handed. I think it will be my favorite now.

schogfan56

Fanatic
I have a couple of shotguns that I really like...Benelli Super Black Eagle, Beretta White Wing O/U but my favorite is my Remington 1100 that my mom bought my dad for Christmas from the Sears catalog in 1968. It had a fixed improved cylinder barrel. The thing still looks great and shoots like it did the day it was bought. I still shoot it once or twice a year dove hunting. My father passed away six years ago. Every time I shoot it it takes me back to when I was 9 or 10 years old out with my dad in the woods or in a field. I wouldn't take a million dollars for it.

jisuho

Well-Known Fanatic
I was willed my Dad's Browning Auto5 that was made in Belgium. It was a kicker alright. I gave it to my brother for safe keeping since he has a big safe. I suppose my fav is the one I use now, A Maverick Security 12 Gauge, 8 shot. Simple pump action that is oh so reliable. A 12 gauge is probably the best all around firearm.

j

bilall

Well-Known Fanatic
I have two choices for a shooter:
For an autoloader, I love my Remington 1100's in 12 and 20 gauge.
For a pump, my choice is the Remington 870 Wingmaster in 12 and 20 gauge.

For looks and sentiment, I love my Browning Belgian Auto 5 in 12 gauge, but it is strictly a collector's gun, not a shooter for me.

jisuho

Well-Known Fanatic
I now have a Stoeger Condor O/U 20 ga. Haven't shot it yet but looking forward to finding out how my old shoulder can handle a 20's recoil.

j

rum4

Active Fanatic
I have a Mossberg 500 that I've had for 40 years and it's never have one problem and it's killed many a small critters, rabbit, squirrel and bird.

nightstryke

Well-Known Fanatic
Well if it's shotguns we own I guess my old Stevens 67E is my favorite, I prefer a pump shotgun over the single shot hatfield break open I have.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Just picked up a Turkish clone of the Benelli M4, and I have to say, I'm a big fan so far. Over 100 rounds of mixed bird, 00 buck, and slugs with very few hitches - some failures to fire in the first 10 rounds or so (basically burning off the packing grease).

Need to figure out what to do about night sights and/or a flashlight mount for this thing.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a trusty Rem 870 as the closest shotgun but my most used shotgun is a 12ga Browning Gold Sporting Clays. It can cycle 1oz 1100 fps loads no issue. Great for sporting clays at Belton

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a High Standard semi-auto from the late 60s that needs some TLC - that might be a really good goose gun when it's working.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Just picked up a Turkish clone of the Benelli M4, and I have to say, I'm a big fan so far. Over 100 rounds of mixed bird, 00 buck, and slugs with very few hitches - some failures to fire in the first 10 rounds or so (basically burning off the packing grease).

Need to figure out what to do about night sights and/or a flashlight mount for this thing.
At some point we're going to have to get together and hit the range then you can school me on these.

Latest posts