Essential Handgun Skills class at Heartland, Feb 27th

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Essential Handgun Skills

This class teaches you how to draw smoothly and efficiently, how to improve your reloads such as tactical, slide-lock and slide forward. You'll learn how to instantly detect slide-lock and how to properly manage recoil and clear malfunctions. You'll make quick, accurate shots on demand.

Maximum 10 students. No pre-requisite. Handgun, holster 2 spare mags 4 hours, 300 rds. $99

Instructor: David Elderton. He has been shooting competition since 1982, has shot over 1000 matches, is a former cop and is NRA certified. He won his first shooting award in 1976. He has since won over 50 State and Regional titles in both IDPA and USPSA and is the current Oklahoma State Champion. He is a triple-ranked Grandmaster in USPSA. He knows how to help you improve your skills quickly and efficiently. He’ll focus on your specific needs and help you attain that “a-ha!” moment. His relaxed teaching style disguises the fact that you’re learning more than you realize and you’ll think at the end, “that wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be!”

Private one-on-one instruction available

Call Heartland Outdoors at 340-7530 to sign up. Ask for Danna.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I've taught many classes in the past, but haven't focused much on it lately, due to time contraints and giving private instruction, but I've noticed that there isn't anywhere to go to get quality instruction without paying a boatload of money for it.

What to do?

Provide an economically friendly alternative!

This class will provide an excellent foundation on which to further build your skills without breaking the bank!

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i will be there... between this class and the other class in march hopefully i can go from sucking, to below average!!!!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I can't belive there isn't more chatter and interest in this class? David is a multi division GM and this class is cheap!

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I expect that there will be more of these classes, especially once word gets out. As a side note, the $99 fee is an INTRODUCTORY price.

Also, I'm announcing a super deal.......take the class for FREE ! (maybe)

Here's what we're going to do:

Sign up for the Feb 27th class at Sunday's match (the 20th) pay $30 down (nonrefundable) and be eligible for a drawing to get your money back AND take the class for FREE!

A couple caveats: One, the class needs to max out with 12 shooters.

Additionally, you must: Sign up for the class this Sunday the 20th, pay $30 and SHOW UP for the class to be eligible for the refund and free class! If your name is drawn and you are not present, you don't win squat. We'll draw another name.

Sounds like a deal to me!

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
I have taken both group and one on one classes from David and he is a very good instructor. This is a chance to learn or refocus on how to do it right from a Grand Master. He takes the time to demonstrate, then walks you throug the steps until you get it down. he also explains the why, which very few instructors do. You spend a lot of money on guns and ammo, this class will be the best bang for the buck if you're serious about improving your shooting.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i will be paying the 30 for sure, a chance a free class, but even if i don't, how often is a class 99 dollars, almost never.. this is a great deal..

Smitcheck

Active Fanatic
I have signed up. Old man is coming in town from TX to visit and he is coming as well. Best friend has said he would attend, but I will believe it when I see it. I put his deposit down - maybe that will guilt him into going <fingers crossed>. Looking forward to it Dave.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Almost got the class filled at the match.

There are a couple slots left and some are on the fence, trying to make their schedule work.

Don't wait too long, folks!

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I am interested, what type of holster would we need? I've never carried and don't currently have one. I would like to learn to shoot my handgun better as well as learn to draw.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I am interested, what type of holster would we need? I've never carried and don't currently have one. I would like to learn to shoot my handgun better as well as learn to draw.

A full coverage holster that also covers the triggerguard.

What kind of gun do you have?

There is ONE SLOT left for this class.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
A full coverage holster that also covers the triggerguard.

What kind of gun do you have?

There is ONE SLOT left for this class.

I could bring a SW MP 9mm Pro, one of my 1911's, or a .22. I'll take the spot if you can point me to a place to get the holster quickly, and possibly a recommendation on a good model.

Latest posts