Eric Gambill Shooting Log

Airic

I shoot.
Sorry, just had to get that over with. I have never been to 1000 posts on a forum. Hell I think I have like 375 on Enos in 15 years....

Anyways, first dryfire session with the open gun tonight. Heres a little vid from it:

Draws: .70 par / Reloads: .80 par

https://youtu.be/MT06xplffY4

Airic

I shoot.
Steve Moneypenny said:
Lmao, post count bumping eh.. sounds like something an open shooter would do.. did I miss it.. why are you going open?
I was just sick of production. I wasnt having fun any more. I have shot open a couple times back in 2007 and I had so much fun. I'm just ready for a change.

Airic

I shoot.
Training hard. Got a good working big stick and a couple small sticks. My load is feeling great. I think the gun is major match ready.

I have learned my prior skill sets dont exactly cross over completely. That dot, it highlights every little imperfection in your grip and movements. I'm going to have to learn how to be accurate with this gun. I have also noticed that my speed has taken over, I need to rein it in and be more patient with the dot.

I have a long road ahead. I feel like I am starting over. I am not an Open GM right now. You know what though? I really like this gun, and I am having a crap load of fun.

Steve Moneypenny

Well-Known Fanatic
I went from around Master level with irons to B with my Open gun when I tried it.. it's a very interesting learning curve, but a very fun one that's for sure!

Airic

I shoot.
Thats why im not holding real high expectations for Cowtown this weekend. The one match i was going to shoot before it got rained out. Nothing like breaking in a new division at a major...

Been live firing like crazy though

Airic

I shoot.
11th overall in Open this weekend at Cowtown. Honestly, I'm surprised and happy that I even finished that well. This was my very first match with this gun....not just first major, first MATCH.

I made some stupid "I'm not used to the gun yet" mistakes. I'm so used to production guns just working that I forgot that I need to run some oil in the open gun every couple stages. It caused a death jam for me on one of the stages and basically doubled my time. I also tried to reload to a mag that was too full and it popped right back out. The last stage my mind just blanked at "make ready" and I couldnt remember my stage plan. I ended up forgetting a target for 30pts in penalties.

All of these are easy fixes with a little more experience with the gun.

Looks like I'm going to be shooting Double Tap after all, Porter talked me and Seth into it at Cowtown. 5 more weeks of training before I tackle that match...

Airic

I shoot.
I havent really been paying attention to this log lately. I have a couple other media sources that I am a part of and I tend to forget about it now.

I trained my ass off for doubletap. When I missed a practice session, I made it up. I think it showed in the results. The only real thing I am unhappy about is my hammer dropping three times on three different stages and no boom. Fixed that with an extended pin but it still cost me in the match.

I felt like I had a decent match. I finished 7th Overall in Open and 11th Overall Combined in the match. I felt like my hard training has allowed me to gain a little bit on the guys at the top from when I shot against them at Cowtown.
I now have two major matches completed with this open gun and not one club match. I haven't even shot an official classifier stage yet! Hopefully I can get a couple club matches in the next 10.5 weeks until the OK Sectional match. I'll be back to training this week using a reorganized training schedule based on my notes from Double Tap.

I really want to get up to OKCGC for a club match. Thats a priority for july.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Eric went back to shooting a Glock, in Limited, and is kicking ass. He won Limited Overall earlier this month in the Arkansas state handgun championship.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Mitch Gibson said:
Eric went back to shooting a Glock, in Limited, and is kicking ass. He won Limited Overall earlier this month in the Arkansas state handgun championship.
#smart

posted via Tapatalk

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
I found a picture of his last shooting log...
23ed87bd6101bd169bb966baa5d36bd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts