EOTech Issuing Refunds For Holographic Weapon Sights

Commander Keen

Active Fanatic
technetium-99m said:
There is no way that company has enough capital to cover every sight they have made.

No way everyone returning scopes will get a check and I really doubt everyone returning a scope had issues with it.
Eotech is owned by L3 Communications, which is a multi-billion dollar company. There shouldn't any issue with refunds.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Didn't realize their parent was that big.

I still doubt everyone will get a cash refund, and to be frank I feel it is unreasonable for any company to give a refund for a product that a customer got years of service from, without that customer noticing an issue with the product (most of the people I see returning scopes).

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
I'm wrong again, looks like Eotech is claiming to take back any scope made.

For the record I still believe after you have been happily using a $500 product for 7-10 years you have gotten your money's worth. There is a dude on arfcom who returned a 16 year old scope. Good grief.

Commander Keen

Active Fanatic
technetium-99m said:
Didn't realize their parent was that big.

I still doubt everyone will get a cash refund, and to be frank I feel it is unreasonable for any company to give a refund for a product that a customer got years of service from, without that customer noticing an issue with the product (most of the people I see returning scopes).
Normally I'd agree that refunds like this would be unreasonable. The issue here is that their design is flawed and cannot be fixed, at least not without a near-complete redesign. Compound that with the fact that the company knew they were all flawed and covered it up for a decade or so.

I'm sure that some of the reasoning for letting people return sights for full MSRP is to help avoid an even more costly civilian class-action lawsuit (they are already settling with the .gov).

Personally, I have noticed POI shifts (4-6 inches, even at 50 yards) on a few occasions, but figured that I just hadn't tightened the sight down enough or I had done something wrong. Eotech admitting that zero can shift with temperature change certainly sealed the deal in me sending in my XPS2.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
What's the over/under on them getting all these so called defective optics in hand then filing chapter 11 after the smash them all.[/quote/]
I agree that it would be hard for any company to absorb that kind of loss and still be in business. Look at it this way. They probably make the product for less than half of what it sells for. They receive half of over 10 years of product back in one year. Think they can actually write checks to cover over 10 years of profit in one year? Doubt it.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Does Eotech make another product that's not considered junk?

I'm curious what they are going to generate future revenue off of.

Commander Keen

Active Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Does Eotech make another product that's not considered junk?

I'm curious what they are going to generate future revenue off of.
From what I understand, their magnifiers are gtg. I haven't used one personally, but those I've talked to like them and they are unaffected by the HWS issues.

I would be very surprised if they didn't try redesigning their sights to actually meet/exceed the performance values they have always stated. It would certainly take a lot to win back trust from .gov and civie shooters, though.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I wonder how many people actually had issues, and what the underlying cause is. The cost on new Eotechs is still high, and all the Black Friday Eotech specials sold out.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
They are supposedly going to refund the full price plus shipping. I'll believe it when I see it.

jeffhughes said:
What I've seen posted is a gift cert for the full amount plus 15 that some guys have received. The government got a check. I doubt any consumers do.
Just an update. Guys on arfcom are finally receiving checks from eotech. Several pictures of the actual checks posted. Looks like roughly a 3 month wait ish.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I have been trying to get a hold of Eotech to see if they will sell me one of the many perfectly fine working returns for a discounted price.....no one answers their email or phone.

toothandnail

Well-Known Fanatic
Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
I have been trying to get a hold of Eotech to see if they will sell me one of the many perfectly fine working returns for a discounted price.....no one answers their email or phone.
You can buy them from CMC , STILL about $40.00 above dealer cost. :sarcastichand:

Commander Keen

Active Fanatic
I got my check from Eotech last week or so. I think it took about two months overall.<br />
<br />
I'm thinking about replacing it with an MRO, but hate to buy a product that's so new.

Latest posts