Do we always have to shoot a classifier?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I am not a big fan of classifiers. Does anyone know if there is a rule that
says you have to shoot a classifier at every USPSA match?

I know, it must suck to have to shoot open just because you want to stay in c class.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
BURNNNNN

Mike - 1 Jesse - 0

As a newbie to this game - I sometimes choose to NOT shoot a match if there is no classifier - the reason I do not and will never shoot Heartland is it is NOT USPSA and does not help my classification - I want to shoot matches that help my USPSA standings...

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
What's with Jesse's new avatar? I miss Melissa.
BTW: Burn!!!!!!!

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Jesse decided to make fun of me and list me in the "BI" category yesterday - so I ACCIDENTALLY changed his avatar and cannot figure how to change it back :-D

He must be busy with "WORK" or has forgot to change it back....

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I figured someone did him the "favor" of changing it.

It's just kinda hard to look at, and with as much as he's posted, it's hard not to see it.

[quote author=B.S. DuBois link=topic=272.msg2071#msg2071 date=1286802558]
BURNNNNN

Mike - 1 Jesse - 0

As a newbie to this game - I sometimes choose to NOT shoot a match if there is no classifier - the reason I do not and will never shoot Heartland is it is NOT USPSA and does not help my classification - I want to shoot matches that help my USPSA standings...
[/quote]

Do you have a ccw? Theres more to guns than games.

any shooting is good shooting if you let it be.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Let me rephrase a tad Mr. Mike - I can't AFFORD to shoot every match - damn ammo aint cheap and Mr. T is too lazy to let me reload on his 650 LOL. So being able to only shoot a 2-3 matches a month until I get reloading set up I like to chose the ones that help my classification...

On a side note - I did have a BLAST at steel challenge....

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Just a quick skim of 1.3 and appendix A1 I don't see where we "have" to shoot a classifer.

However, like aldrin44 mentioned in another thread there are some classifers out there that are more like field courses. Just ask anyone that has shot at SCRAP in the last few months. They are certainly trying to break out of the "el prez" rut.

jtischauser

I was more thinking that last nights 4.4 second (for some of us, right GT) classifier is too damn quick and really helped create a flow problem. That was one of the best classifiers I have ever shot. It was all things we actually do in a field course and it was fast and easy.

Maybe we should have shot two classifiers in that bay. It would have slowed that stage down some.

P.S. I shot open because I wanted to win my division, which I did:)

Chambers

actual GM
[quote author=OUshooter link=topic=272.msg2134#msg2134 date=1286852142]However, like aldrin44 mentioned in another thread there are some classifers out there that are more like field courses. Just ask anyone that has shot at SCRAP in the last few months. They are certainly trying to break out of the "el prez" rut.
[/quote]

Last SCRAP classifier was OUTSTANDING! I've shot field stages that were more boring.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
[quote author=B.S. DuBois link=topic=272.msg2127#msg2127 date=1286846419]
Let me rephrase a tad Mr. Mike - I can't AFFORD to shoot every match - damn ammo aint cheap and Mr. T is too lazy to let me reload on his 650 LOL. So being able to only shoot a 2-3 matches a month until I get reloading set up I like to chose the ones that help my classification...

On a side note - I did have a BLAST at steel challenge....
[/quote]
Buy that LNL I'm selling and you'll not have the ammo problem anymore.

Also some of the matches have a "super classifier" match once in awhile. Every stage is a classifier. I got classified in single stack in one match! Too bad my gun didn't want to run that day.

G Law

Fanatic
I believe a club has to shoot at least 8 classifiers a year to keep their club affiliation with USPSA.
G

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Jesse

The problem with 2 classifiers is that more than one per match is considered a classifier match and only one is allowed per year for a club (as long as I read the rules correctly).

I guess they could set up two and only report one?

Flow problems are going to exist until all the stages have the same rate of shooters getting through them. About the only thing I can think of that would take up more time in one of the narrow bays at H&H would be a standards course with multiple distances and strings.

jtischauser

That's kind of what I was thinking. Shoot two short classifiers and just turn in one. That way the shorter stages could flow at the same rate as the bug field courses. I'd rather shoot anything even another lowly classifier;) instead if waiting on the squad ahead of me.

G Law

Fanatic
It wouldn't have to be a classifier, just one classifier and a speed shoot in the same bay.

jtischauser

Yeah that would work too. But for those of us that are REALLY, REALLY trying hard to get our classifications higher ever chance we get being able to practice a classifier under match conditions might be nice. Actually it might be cool to shoot two classifiers and then by random draw after the match we decide which one gets turned in to USPSA. I think I do worse in the classifiers because it has extra importance than just match points. If I didn't know which one counted they might be less stressful and I might finally get my much sought after B classification.

Chambers

actual GM
B in what? Lim or open?

Your classifier list cracks me up. It jumps around a lot...19% here, 77% there.

Latest posts