Displaced Okie, looking at moving back. Curious about USPSA Level 1 Matches

AlanHinMN

Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
Oklahomans are lazy and poor. And lazy. A high-frequency match schedule would need to be fed by a population of motivated people who have disposable incomes.
Maybe Minnesotans are crazy from being shut in for 4-5 months a year. I feel pretty lucky that there are all the local matches to choose from in the summer. I only shoot on wednesday nights at the gun club i belong to. We do have lights. We have league for 21 weeks. There is also a winter storm match in March and we do a halloween shoot in October. There is a group called MAPSA (Metro Area Practical Shooting association) that uses our club 4 or 5 weekends a year. There are a few points matches on weekends. We also did the state sectional 3 years in a row but it was at a different range this year.. My gun club is crazy active with USPSA. It looks like if i move to the tenkiller area, that I will shoot on weekends instead of wednesdays, and have to drive a bit. Thanks everyone for the input.

Are you really not sharing things that are for the good
for the shooting community because someone would fire you?
We already know that this forum deletes comments depending on the managements views. Or used to

Feegee

The Magic Man
I think a lot of the problem is help with set up. Not saying people don't help from time to time, but every month these guys work there ass off sitting up matches, and I know for sure the guys in Ponca do a lot with little help. We train hard , practice, and all that crap. I think we should help set up matches with that same energy, and Dedication. Even I need to help more when I can. The very small match I run is a lot of work, and I get lucky with more than usual people helping I can't imagine having to do a larger match.

Latest posts