Displaced Okie, looking at moving back. Curious about USPSA Level 1 Matches

AlanHinMN

Fanatic
I am currently looking at moving back to the NE OK area. I currently live in Minnesota and belong to a very active club. We have weekly league in spring, fall and summer. We currently shoot 21 weeks of league. I looked at the calandar, but only see monthly matches. Is there any uspsa leagues around the Tulsa are that are more than once a month? Thanks in advance

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Nope. There's at least one match once a week in OK if you're willing to drive 1.5-2 hours or so. There used to be 2-3 matches running per month in the Tulsa area but we're down to 1.

The good news is that Tulsa has USSA which is pretty much the ideal "guy who wants to practice USPSA weekly" place.

mikey80

Negative Approach
dr poopgiggle said:
Nope. There's at least one match once a week in OK if you're willing to drive 1.5-2 hours or so. There used to be 2-3 matches running per month in the Tulsa area but we're down to 1.

The good news is that Tulsa has USSA which is pretty much the ideal "guy who wants to practice USPSA weekly" place.
Don't move the target stands

AlanHinMN

Fanatic
Wow, in the minneapolis area there is a local match every week night of the week in the summer within an hours drive. There is usally a larger match on weekends. The local week night matches are usually 4 stages, with a qualifier and 3 28-32 round stages.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
AlanHinMN said:
Wow, in the minneapolis area there is a local match every week night of the week in the summer within an hours drive. There is usally a larger match on weekends. The local week night matches are usually 4 stages, with a qualifier and 3 28-32 round stages.
sorry we're not as cool as minneapolis, I guess?

AlanHinMN said:
guess just not as active, not really looking at cool ness factor, just wondering if i can shoot once a week if i move there.
theres 52 weeks in a year hoss; youre missing about 3 months of shooting.
I guess you folks arent really that active up there

AlanHinMN

Fanatic
mcyrwus said:
theres 52 weeks in a year hoss; youre missing about 3 months of shooting.
I guess you folks arent really that active up ther
lol winters can be pretty nasty. dont like shoveling snow to get to the targets :eek: so i guess everyone in this area is active in the good weather. In winter Indoor matches are only are every two weeks, but i think they are more of a social event with only two stages. I find it interesting that there are no week day matches around there.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
AlanHinMN said:
I find it interesting that there are no week day matches around there.
There was some brief chatter about weeknight matches at a local indoor shooting range but nothing's ever materialized.

I think part of the problem is population density in Oklahoma. People have to drive farther to get to the match so people might not be able to get there after work. That, and people in Tulsa cry if they have to drive more than 20 minutes to get anywhere.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
dr poopgiggle said:
There was some brief chatter about weeknight matches at a local indoor shooting range but nothing's ever materialized.

I think part of the problem is population density in Oklahoma. People have to drive farther to get to the match so people might not be able to get there after work. That, and people in Tulsa cry if they have to drive more than 20 minutes to get anywhere.
Lotsa truth to this post.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd love to see a weekday match around Tulsa.
Some flood lights set up at USSA to shoot in the evening would be badass.

Burk Cornelius said:
Safety 1st still has a carry gun match too.
I hope Jesse doesn't fire me for mentioning that
posted via Tapatalk
Why would he? This is just a match calendar

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Oklahomans are lazy and poor. And lazy. A high-frequency match schedule would need to be fed by a population of motivated people who have disposable incomes.

Latest posts