Deer hunters! Let us know if you do.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
I try to but I am a horrible hunter due to lack of experience, and lack of opportunity.

I bow hunt and gun hunt, last year I only managed to go one morning during gun, cause my wife was having gallbladder problems. Got to go a handful of times with my bow, and missed a doe up close. Then my stand got stolen, so now I am going to go try to build a ground blind in my spot and see what happens.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't get as excited about it as I used to or at least the killin' part of the hunt but I do my best to pop a few every year. I have found myself more into the getting together and the deer camp part these days and trying to do more on the managing side. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy deer hunting and those tenderloins wrapped in bacon cooked on the grill oh my oh my :) not long now boys not long! Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Keep it coming!
Deer camp in the whole gist of things is what keeps lots of people coming back to the sport.
Take one or not, its the experience IMHO. :D

Hell Yeah!

RN&TULSAFIREMAN

Active Fanatic
Having the greatest wife in the world, I leave with the 5th Wheel the friday before rifle season and go to the lease (Just E of Glencoe) and stay for the entire rifle season except for Thanksgiving. Multiple pop up ground blinds and 3 16' tripods with enclosures. Yes, my 300WSM is too much rifle but with the comp its a pleasure to shoot and great out to 400yds. Kirk I totally agree that as I get older, sitting around the campfire with the guys is becoming more and more the best part. The guys I hunt with can only come out on the weekends so I do all my serious allday hunting during the week and hang with them on the weekends. Being a fireman is great cuz I take all my yearly alotment of vacation from Nov 15th to the end of the year. As the weather cools off I feel my neck swell and I start to rut! ;) Cant wait for my kids to get old enough to take with me so I can pass on a great american tradition. Won't be long now boys! If its brown its down....

dennishoddy

I'm jelous of you guys that actually have a deer camp. I guess I could go stay in my barn, but I generally hunt alone. The reason is that its a small area. I got in on a lease a few years back and they did deer camp, but the owner died the year after, and we lost it.

Aggieddad02

Well-Known Fanatic
Definitely do - been to the lease and did the anual bushhogging but with the heat and drought we decided not to plant seeds this year. Once the season starts and the days cool down if the rain starts I will just throw out some rye grass. Going to the camp this weekend to put out more cameras and some feed I also have to get an electrician to do some electrical work at the camp and I hope to meet with him Friday afternoon. My 82 YO father will meet me there to supervise :) and I will surely drink a few brewskys

millsou19

Fanatic
For sure! My family has a cabin in Wilburton we go to and I hunt some public property in Atoka/Stringtown and my buddy lets me hunt on his land in Shawnee. I bow, muzzleloader and rifle hunt! Live for it!!! I need to get more active in the competition side of things but for now this is my baby. Sure hope that we get some more rain so we can have a campfire and drink a few with friends and family.

shooterdave

Uncivil Servant
Yup! I actually filled the feeder this evening after work. I can't wait to get my boy out this year. He is finally old enough to start going with dad.

Latest posts