Sold/Expired Custom Rollmark BoomerShooter AR-15 Lower Group Buy

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
Just in case other neophytes such as myself signed up to buy their first AR lower via this group buy, and are equally bewildered by the overload of information on the topic, perhaps the BS Braintrust could provide some helpful parts buying advice.

Would appreciate suggestions of what you consider Good Value components. If I could get 400yrd accuracy sufficient to bang a steel IDPA target, I would be thrilled. Don't have any plans for 3-gun or high round count shooting at this time, but hey, you never know.

To me, Good Value is average to superior quality products that are moderately priced. If the subject were hunting scopes for instance, would not be surprised if many responders might suggest Leupold VX-2 or VX-3, as being better than some other brands of equal or greater cost that just seem to stand up to the test of time. Don't know anyone who would not like Swarovski or Nightforce to complete their favorite hunting setup, but that just isn't in my budget, and would guess others in this group buy are in the same boat.

As Brandon gets the s/n topic resolved, I would like to start buying the various parts and would appreciate the feedback of BS'ers who have already made the mistakes I'm hoping to avoid and are willing to share their advice.

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
TTownBoz said:
Just in case other neophytes such as myself signed up to buy their first AR lower via this group buy, and are equally bewildered by the overload of information on the topic, perhaps the BS Braintrust could provide some helpful parts buying advice.

Would appreciate suggestions of what you consider Good Value components. If I could get 400yrd accuracy sufficient to bang a steel IDPA target, I would be thrilled. Don't have any plans for 3-gun or high round count shooting at this time, but hey, you never know.

To me, Good Value is average to superior quality products that are moderately priced. If the subject were hunting scopes for instance, would not be surprised if many responders might suggest Leupold VX-2 or VX-3, as being better than some other brands of equal or greater cost that just seem to stand up to the test of time. Don't know anyone who would not like Swarovski or Nightforce to complete their favorite hunting setup, but that just isn't in my budget, and would guess others in this group buy are in the same boat.

As Brandon gets the s/n topic resolved, I would like to start buying the various parts and would appreciate the feedback of BS'ers who have already made the mistakes I'm hoping to avoid and are willing to share their advice.
If I was building a hunting ar I would drop a bushnel elite scope on mine

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
If anyone is interested in buying my group buy lower let me know. I have another project I'm going to build. Thanks Marshal

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Marshal F said:
If anyone is interested in buying my group buy lower let me know. I have another project I'm going to build. Thanks Marshal

DoctorJJ said:
I'll take it

You guys need to work something out after the shipment is over. Its going to be a PIA to get these to their original purchasers much less make changes and then try to get them straightened out. Our FFL is going to have his hands full!

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Brandon, this is a dumb question, but I thought I would ask. I am moving out of state (OK) at the end of July. I would assume that my lower was going to the OKC FFL. Now I will have to get it shipped to a FFL in KS. I have no problem covering the additional expense, just curious on your thoughts of the best way to handle it, having the OKC FFL ship it to a KS FFL or have the manufacturer and it to a KS FFL.

Thanks!

JustSayWhen

Well-Known Fanatic
ChrisC said:
I'm almost sure you can buy a rifle or shotgun if you are from out of state. Just not handguns.
Since it is a stripped lower it is considered a "other" by ATF and is treated like a pistol would be. Since you can turn a stripped lower into whatever you want you must treat it as a pistol. In other words to fill out a 4473 in Oklahoma you need to be a resident with a DL with a current address on it and over the age of 21 to legally receiver the stripped lower. So someone that lives in Kansa will have to get a lower shipped to their local ffl. Unless it is a complete lower than since it is a shoulder fired weapon being sold and/or transferred it can be an out of state resident who gets it. Hope this helps!

dfinan

Well-Known Fanatic
Ditto to what someone said earlier, thanks for keeping us updated on the lowers. Really looking forward to getting mine. They are going to be my first attempts at a custom AR build. Planning on one as a 3gun AR, and the other as a .50 Beowulf (I like big werid calibers). I may even get crazy and mount the slidefire stock I won at Pandemic on the Beowulf.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
I know that I can have it shipped out of state to a KS FFL, my question is if it would be easier to have it shipped to my new KS FFL from the manufacturer or from the OK FFL that it was scheduled to be shipped to.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
They will all go to a couple ffls. It's easier to ship them in bulk vs one at a time. We can then arrange getting it from okc to ks

Latest posts