Couple questions about AR

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
You could go to the 6.8 SPC and get better knockdown and penetration. Not sure without research how the 6.8 compares to 7.62, but I would think they would be pretty close. I know more brand names are adding the 6.8 to their AR line of rifles. I know at least one was mentioned in the first days articles from this years SHOT show.

I haven't read the other days articles yet.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jp sells polished springs that help with the spring noise.

I've never tried them but I also picked up a product called a "twang buster" that's supposed to fix this as well. I have no idea if they work as promised.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Jp sells polished springs that help with the spring noise.

I've never tried them but I also picked up a product called a "twang buster" that's supposed to fix this as well. I have no idea if they work as promised.

I thought about spraying the spring down with some silicone lube next time I go shoot if that doesn't help I may check out the JP spring

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I thought about spraying the spring down with some silicone lube next time I go shoot if that doesn't help I may check out the JP spring

pm me your address, I'll send you a twang buster so you can tell me if they work.
I'd try it myself, but my rifles don't have an issue.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I lube the crap outta my JP buffer springs and they make zero noise. I too hated the twang of the M16 A2. That and the wobble between the cwappy Colt uper and lower was why it took me ten years to buy a good commercial AR15.

JP just released a 1911 line recoil spring buffer for the AR as well.

Latest posts