Costly purchase

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
I have always loved the 1911, but over the years I've tried other platforms. Sig Sauer for a while, but the high bore axis never did it for me. I always resisted the CZ's, until our new gun club opened up. They had a Shadow 2 there that I just couldn't resist, once I held it. Took my middle daughter to the range today, 450 flawless rounds through it and damn accurate. It's a heavy beast, but a lot of fun to shoot.

This is going to cost me.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrats and welcome to the world of Czs.. as fun as 1911s to shoot BUT I hear not fun to work on

and for something complete different check out a cz custom model or 4...;)

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrats and welcome to the world of Czs.. as fun as 1911s to shoot BUT I hear not fun to work on

and for something complete different check out a cz custom model or 4...;)
Yeah, one of the local gunsmiths said they are a PITA to work on. I've been checking out Cajun Gun Works.

This is gonna get ugly.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have heard Cajun Gun Works is the place to send the CZ's to. It is nearby, just never been there. I shot my friend's CZ, DA trigger was great, SA was a ND at the range! Good thing I had it pointed downrange... Just a bit light for me. :) I think he has the SA trigger down to 2. something pounds.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Yeah....I shot one of these from a buddy of mine at my range....stupid accurate....heavy as a heck....no recoil (of course not....things weighs like 5 lbs!)...trigger reach was a little long (and I have XL - XXL hands) but the trigger was SWEET.

About the only thing I didn't like was the trigger shoe was almost like it was polished....a bit slick for me...but hey...gotta complain about SOMETHING, LOL.

There is one for sale at my range...I think it's the same one I shot.....may bite on it...

Spokes

Well-Known Fanatic
Shadow 2 is really getting me interested. I held one at the gun show and it felt like it was made for my hand...
Got my eye on a Blue one...

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Absolutely the funnest CZ I own! Great choice and the color is cool. I've seen the grey and the black like mine but not the fde. I know a few over on Addicts have these also, everyone seems to love them and yes they are heavy guns!42884289

Krunchnik

Active Fanatic
I also really like the CZ-my problem is trigger reach in double action-no problem in single though-those are some really nice looking pistola's

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I have heard Cajun Gun Works is the place to send the CZ's to. It is nearby, just never been there. I shot my friend's CZ, DA trigger was great, SA was a ND at the range! Good thing I had it pointed downrange... Just a bit light for me. :) I think he has the SA trigger down to 2. something pounds.

cajun does work on production Czs.

I prefer to buy from CZ custom and let them modify before I buy

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
It seems Steve Owens is the man these days. His name keeps popping up..
Yep, nice guy and does great work. I've pulled the trigger on his personal Shadow 2 he worked on and compared it to my stock Shadow 2 it's quite an improvement and not super expensive to accomplish.

Targetfan

Fanatic
I own a CZ Shadow since 10 years. The original machining was quite good and the trigger operation was nice. Mating and polishing the trigger contact surfaces further improved the trigger smoothness.

I tried the Shadow 2 and it is an improvement over the original Shadow. In its class the Shadow 2 is certainly one of the best considering its popularity amongst shooters.

During my shopping, I made the mistake to try a CZ Tactical Sport, and I ended up spending even more money. The TS is competition ready, the gun is heavy, the grip is slightly larger and the trigger is fantastic. The trigger is too light for a defense gun but it for range and competition it is the easiest gun to shoot well I ever tried.4308

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
CZ makes a great pistol.Had old style CZ 75 and thought it was the most simple operation on the market. all steal and a joy to shoot.