Costly purchase

264BORESTEVE

New Fanatic
Congratulations and welcome to being a CZ owner! Cajun Gun Works is an excellent source for the CZ aftermarket. I do a little smithing on the side for friends and co-members of our club and I'm of the opinion that the CZ's are easier to work on than a 1911. Just my take on it. They seem to be part pistol, part Swiss watch. Lots of small parts and tiny springs, but seem to take less hand fitting (filing, stoning, and polishing).

midrat

New Fanatic
Purchased a CZ Acu Shadow 2 from CZ Custom Shop, came with a test target, single hole, 10 rounds, 25 yards. Had the custom shop install a single action trigger (3.25 lbs), wood grips, green fiber optic front sights. Amazing pistol, plan to get other Custom Shop pistols. Can't go wrong with the CZ custom shop or not.

dugansduece

New Fanatic
I have always loved the 1911, but over the years I've tried other platforms. Sig Sauer for a while, but the high bore axis never did it for me. I always resisted the CZ's, until our new gun club opened up. They had a Shadow 2 there that I just couldn't resist, once I held it. Took my middle daughter to the range today, 450 flawless rounds through it and damn accurate. It's a heavy beast, but a lot of fun to shoot.

This is going to cost me.

View attachment 4285View attachment 4286View attachment 4287
i've often said CZ'S are a little known secret too Some,their really great pieces-truly enjoy mine[75-po1]- my Brother is a 1911 freak & loved shooting my CZ- He hasn't bought one yet...i'm still working on Him- He'll cave sooner or later,,,,with no regrets.

David D

Active Fanatic
I work on both CZ's and 1911's. 1911's are easier and have less springs. CZ's are not hard, there is a great video on YouTube that shows the break down of the CZ 75 and that covers most variants. The tricky part is the sear assembly and the trigger return spring. They also have a weird manual safety detent system. So, just be careful to manage your parts and remember your disassembly sequence because it's about twice the parts as a 1911. I own the exact shadow you bought. I put the reduced power trigger return spring, short reset disconnecter, 13 lbs main spring, and reduced power firing pin spring and it shoots even better than stock. Although, I admit I could have left the Shadow 2 stock and been fine. It is about as superb a factory mass produced fire arm as I have found in terms of the functionality it has right out of the box. As to CGW, they are super great guys and when you call they answer and take your questions. If you like 1911's do yourself a favor and buy a stock 97b off gunbroker, send it to David Milam at Cajun and he will do a full action and accu bushing job for 620. It is steep but I honestly cannot decide Which I like better, the CZ 97 or my 1911. My 97b is super accurate too. I paid an extra 160 and he machined a dovetail cut and installed a fully adjustable rear sight. I opted for the flat face trigger and it breaks like glass at 2.5 lbs.

Last edited:

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I ended up buying a CZ75 D Compact. I saw it in the case just asked to look at it and fell for it. This from a guy who swore he wouldn't buy or own anything non-1911. It's light it holds 14+1 and is a tac driver. Still having to relearn the SA/DA trigger on the 1st shot but other than that ...What a sweet weapon.

gaijin

Active Fanatic
CZ's are pretty cost effective- compared to comparable 1911's.

Nh0Wc8t.jpg

67STg6w.jpg

Salelcid

Fanatic
Welcome to the Cz club. You will love it. I got a CZ 75 bullshadow from cz custom. And I am really enjoy shooting it. Trigger is great. Sights are wonderful.( had them to a Yost gold line). And with the bull barrel it shoots so very soft. The follow up shoots are very quick.

Firestorm3511

Fanatic
Congrats and welcome to the world of Czs.. as fun as 1911s to shoot BUT I hear not fun to work on

and for something complete different check out a cz custom model or 4...;)
I have (3) cz's. I like them all. My favorite is the 97B which is .45, heavy shoots great and very accurate.

David D

Active Fanatic
Welcome to the Cz club. You will love it. I got a CZ 75 bullshadow from cz custom. And I am really enjoy shooting it. Trigger is great. Sights are wonderful.( had them to a Yost gold line). And with the bull barrel it shoots so very soft. The follow up shoots are very quick.

View attachment 4382View attachment 4383View attachment 4384
I've had my eye on one of those for a while. I keep holding off though since CZ Custom is supposed to release the AO 1 LD soon which if you have not heard of it, check it out.

Liggett

Well-Known Fanatic
My favorite non-1911 is this EAA Witness Elite Match. Basically the same gun for about $750.
Interesting. I'm picking mine up tomorrow. My 1st CZ/clone. I chose one in 10mm for HD. I wanted a double stack with a rail and the Tanfoglio seemed the best choice. Single action only so same operating system as I'm used to. (I think).

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
I recently sold my Witness Elite Match, but only because I had bought a CZ Shadow 2 and a friend really wanted the Witness. Everyone that I ever loaned the Witness to really liked it.

Latest posts