Controlled hunt results in!

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
I went to big Mac three years ago. Loved the hunt! :D
I was 5 yds too far away from a B&C buck when he got my scent, and bolted. What a rack :D

I missed out on one as well, i shot it for 20 yds and it was more like 40 yds... he stood there and watched my arrow skip the ground right up to his feet then bolted...

kimberst245

Well-Known Fanatic
I drew out on the Texas County doe antelope gun hunt this year. Now I just have to find some landowner that will give me permission to hunt. Kinda strange that the DOW grants a hunt for this area, but there is no public land available to hunt speed goats on....maybe a conspiracy to get the local economy going? If anybody lives around Guymon and knows somebody with land, give me a holler. The hunt is in September.

dennishoddy

I drew out on the Texas County doe antelope gun hunt this year. Now I just have to find some landowner that will give me permission to hunt. Kinda strange that the DOW grants a hunt for this area, but there is no public land available to hunt speed goats on....maybe a conspiracy to get the local economy going? If anybody lives around Guymon and knows somebody with land, give me a holler. The hunt is in September.

If the Rita Blanca national grasslands are in that county, it would be a free hunt.
Might check to see if Guymon has a newspaper online, and check their classifieds.

I did come across a novel idea from another forum.
Good split hardwood is impossible to find in that county. A guy traded a pickup load of split oak for a hunt. I know split oak sells for $50 in Ponca. I don't know for sure, but I'll bet a rick would sell for around $200 in Guymon.
Just a thought. ;)

BJS

Fanatic
WATCH FOR RATTLESNAKES.

Other than that, try to stay away from the foodplots (if they have any in) most hunters focus on them and run the deer off.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will be cooler and they will not be out. I'd prefer not to run into one!

dennishoddy

No luck for me. Next year I see an elk tag with my name on it.

HAHA! I've been saying that since 1970. :03:

My buddy that has been putting in for the same length of time drew in 2005.. I went as his helper, and was asking some of the others there how long they had been putting in, and found that almost half of those I talked to had been putting in for 5 years or less, and some for the first time. :03: