Colorado shooting!

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I know that doesn't mean it will happen here. Its making me reconsider my carry habits. And my wife doesn't like it when I carry with her around. Which in this case would be the movie. The change would be convincing my wife to let me carry more :wink:

Think I found your problem!

But my wife would be getting onto me if I didn't have mine with me.

Yes, you read that right, she'd have hers with her too.

I will live my life the same way regardless of what evil does.

You are too apologetic; I am a part of the gun community but I am non-reflective. As for politics; see my first sentence.!:)

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I will live my life the same way regardless of what evil does.

You are too apologetic; I am a part of the gun community but I am non-reflective. As for politics; see my first sentence.!:)

Understandable. Unfortunately not all of us are unwavering.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Concealed means concealed brother. Doubtful she'll even know you're carrying if you have the right gun/holster combo. Be careful to keep her on the non gun side to avoid bumping it.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Concealed means concealed brother. Doubtful she'll even know you're carrying if you have the right gun/holster combo. Be careful to keep her on the non gun side to avoid bumping it.

Except she takes notice of me going to get it or the click of the safe when I get ready to leave... But on a lighter note I did carry all day today with her. I even asked as to not have her find out and have more stress to deal with. I just got a letter back today saying I have a aptitude test for a apprenticeship coming up in a week.

Airic

I shoot.
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981486647

Check that out

as always...I'm ashamed of the news and their views and therefore don't watch much of it...sadly, it's mild here in OK compared to Big D and other major cities

I think they missed the point that "if" there were folks carrying in the theater, the story may have ended differently altogether...it is legal to carry in CO, right?

I am rethinking my carry piece after this as well...bigger

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
"Wow I would like to think I would have the pressence of mind to not abandon my family but I guess you don't know till your in the situation."

I just finished reading the article about the cowardly father and all the comments that went with it. I've also been following a thread on another gun forum about the shooting. The one theme I hear repeated with a sickening frequency is this - "We can't know how we would react unless we were there ourselves." Well, I want to challenge that. I'm not law enforcement, military or former military, but I can tell you I would not have left my family behind! Why? Because I work to prepare myself mentally for these sort of events; because I truly love my family and I recognize that as a father I come last; because I know that if I don't provide for their needs and safety I am wosre than an infidel! Do I know exactly what I would have done to stop the shooter? No. Do I know exactly what I would have done to protect my family? No. Do I know that my family and I would have made it out alive? No. These are the factors we can't know until we're in the middle of it because each event/assault/ambush is different, but there are some things I know for sure, even though I was not there. If I had been in that situation (or a similar one) and was killed, I would have been killed trying to protect my family, and possibly killed while trying to stop the shooter from killing more.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
since the dawn of time (even in the bible everyone said, especially peter that they would never leave Jesus) people have speculated how they would react in certain situations. I have and will refrain from judging others (meaning so and so is wrong because if it was me i would do x or y if i was there), I just have too many faults and numerous times i have not responded or acted in ways i should, i mean if i have trouble losing my temper in a simple basketball game, how could i say for sure how i would respond with a hail of bullets being shot my direction...

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
as always...I'm ashamed of the news and their views and therefore don't watch much of it...sadly, it's mild here in OK compared to Big D and other major cities

I think they missed the point that "if" there were folks carrying in the theater, the story may have ended differently altogether...it is legal to carry in CO, right?

I am rethinking my carry piece after this as well...bigger

One news article I read said the theater had the no guns policy, guess they expect the bad guys to follow the rules.

ooops...I forgot to take it out and leave it in the car

I've been told I have selective memory before, but I can't remember who told me that....

dennishoddy

I will say this from somebody that has been in combat.
Being in combat, and being in a theater is two different situations.

I've read on other forums about military people being in the audience, and why they didnt charge the shiooter and so on and so on.

Let me assure you that being in the military does not make you a Rambo. Ponca City Range trains Reserve units every year. I'm one of the instructors.

LEO's, etc have training, but that training does not cover every situation. There are countless stories of LEO'S being killed in off duty and on duty situations.

This iis a totally sad situation, that probably could not have been prevented by anybody no matter how much training they had.

Tear gas, pandimoniom. low light, etc, all factors. If you haven't experencied anything like this, You can't judge.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I will say this from somebody that has been in combat.
Being in combat, and being in a theater is two different situations.

I've read on other forums about military people being in the audience, and why they didnt charge the shiooter and so on and so on.

Let me assure you that being in the military does not make you a Rambo. Ponca City Range trains Reserve units every year. I'm one of the instructors.

LEO's, etc have training, but that training does not cover every situation. There are countless stories of LEO'S being killed in off duty and on duty situations.

This iis a totally sad situation, that probably could not have been prevented by anybody no matter how much training they had.

Tear gas, pandimoniom. low light, etc, all factors. If you haven't experencied anything like this, You can't judge.

great post!!!

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody

This is what bothers me when people say "if I had been there, I would have shot the guy!" With a bunch of bystanders running around in the tear-gas-filled darkness, and a really loud movie playing, it's easy to imagine not being able to get a good shot.

Latest posts