Civilian Aids Officers in Peach House RV Park Shootings

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I am not familiar with federal flight control... Is that a duck or goose round?
Most quail or dove shot is useless after about 80 or 90 yds,, unless the choke is tight enough to keep the pattern good. I saw a friend hit a quail at about 105 yards and roll him over..We tried to pace it, because I couldn't believe he killed it that far away.It was a long slow down hill grade, bird was dead as a door nail.

Its low recoil 00 9 pellet buck that as a special wad that deceases spread of your buckshot

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
They make flight control in 4, 5, & 6 shot as well. It keeps a very tight pattern for turkeys, pheasants, ducks or bad guys that need extra shot in target. It just do happens to work wonders on tough targets in 3 gun too. :)

Spiff

Semi-Pro
And not necessarily low recoil - I've gotten to where I prefer the standard recoil FC, because if I'm shooting buck in 3 gun I want to pummel something, and if I'm shooting buck for reals, I want to pummel something. The recoil difference really isn't that substantial.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
And not necessarily low recoil - I've gotten to where I prefer the standard recoil FC, because if I'm shooting buck in 3 gun I want to pummel something, and if I'm shooting buck for reals, I want to pummel something. The recoil difference really isn't that substantial.

At High Plains and at the Tactical Shotgun matches I had troubles knocking over steel with the light 1145 fps low recoil Flight Control Buck. For paper the soft stuff is fast but like you say when you want knock down power gotta go full power. Now Im off to Cheaper Than Dirt to order the other stuff I should have had.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Its low recoil 00 9 pellet buck that as a special wad that deceases spread of your buckshot
They make flight control in 4, 5, & 6 shot as well. It keeps a very tight pattern for turkeys, pheasants, ducks or bad guys that need extra shot in target. It just so happens to work wonders on tough targets in 3 gun too. :)
There is my problem.
I have only been Pheasant hunting twice, age 14 and 47. Had a great hunt both times.
I have never been turkey, goose or duck hunting and never shot a 3 gun match... yet.
I am still trying to learn all the different ammos and guns. My limited knowlege comes from my limited experience. Dove, Quail, Squirrel, Deer, and Varmit, every season, and Range as often as I can afford. 12ga pump, 12ga SxS breakover, 30.06 Bolt gun, Lever action .22magnum, .38 Revolver, .40 Semi auto. Recently, added 2 AR's .22 and 5.56. Just trying to get accustomed to them. Never had a semi auto shotgun, never shot one I can recall. I am learning, and going to try to enter a 3 gun match at okcgc when I can.

If I had been the man in the video, I would have gone back to the house and grabbed the 30.06 because I know that rifle out to about 300-325yds with 150gr and/or 165gr core-loct ammo.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
First off Police men are "civilians" as well. Policemen aren't in the Military so they are civilians. I hate it when folks call a average guy a "civilian" and then try to elevate the police to a higher plain...just a burr under my blanket.

Second Buckshot, no matter what type or wad would not be effective at the ranges stateed, it has no power left and might break the skin and cause a nasty infection, but that is about it, and who in their right mind would launch 9 projectiles into a trailer park setting? you are responsible for each and every pellet that does or doesn't hit the bad guy, but does hit little 3 year old Cindy playing in the kiddie pool out fronm of their place.

Third if you have a modicum of skill and a pistol or revolver of reasonable power and velocity it isn't that hard of a shot. Most B class USPSA a shooters can hit a C zone sized target at 100 yards with some regularity with a slow .40 cal so it can be done....BUT you have to be fairly "frosty" to do it under stress. Good Job! and good shooting! I bet he saw his front sight and has shot that particular pistol a few times.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
.BUT you have to be fairly "frosty" to do it under stress. Good Job! and good shooting! I bet he saw his front sight and has shot that particular pistol a few times.
Really Frosty..and probably a Few Thousand. :)

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
First off Police men are "civilians" as well. Policemen aren't in the Military so they are civilians. I hate it when folks call a average guy a "civilian" and then try to elevate the police to a higher plain...just a burr under my blanket.

Second Buckshot, no matter what type or wad would not be effective at the ranges stateed, it has no power left and might break the skin and cause a nasty infection, but that is about it, and who in their right mind would launch 9 projectiles into a trailer park setting? you are responsible for each and every pellet that does or doesn't hit the bad guy, but does hit little 3 year old Cindy playing in the kiddie pool out fronm of their place.

Third if you have a modicum of skill and a pistol or revolver of reasonable power and velocity it isn't that hard of a shot. Most B class USPSA a shooters can hit a C zone sized target at 100 yards with some regularity with a slow .40 cal so it can be done....BUT you have to be fairly "frosty" to do it under stress. Good Job! and good shooting! I bet he saw his front sight and has shot that particular pistol a few times.
Did I miss the reference to civilian somewhere?

Secondly the buckshot was a joke. I figure the extreme use (for me anyway)of a shotgun to be 100yards with slug, like the last 3gun match at okcgc but that alone proved that is not an easy shot. I hit it in two while on the clock, but if that steel plate was shooting back with a rifle I would of lost.

I had forgoten that the flight control wads came in shot, but I was mainly refering to the left over 00 9 pellet low recoil stuff in my closet that wouldn't knock that peasky steel popper down at high plains it was maybe 25 yards out.. I am still curious at its spread over long distance and may take some out to stoot at 80/90/100 yards for the heck of it.

I worry about 3 year old Cindy. Believe it or not. As I am a father, husband, brother and son. I realize one poorly placed shot can take something away that I cannot give back. Same goes for a well placed shot that over penertrates.

My lack of experiance in long range shooting would have probally kept me out of this fight, so my job would have been to call 911 if I couldn't close the distance and help.

I'm not out to offend anyone nor do I think I know everything. I can be very open minded and try to consider all sides and multiple possibilites.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Why yes you missed the reference to " civilian" somewhere! A quick search of the Title of this thread might supply the needed clue to find this reference. ( I am joking with you!)

None of my comments were directed at you personally at all so lighten up....after all, it,s just the internet.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Why yes you missed the reference to " civilian" somewhere! A quick search of the Title of this thread might supply the needed clue to find this reference. ( I am joking with you!)

None of my comments were directed at you personally at all so lighten up....after all, it,s just the internet.

I wasn't taking it poorly just explaining it wasn't a serious notion.

Also don't you know I can't read....

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
You should have told me that before I replied to your question on what it takes to put on a big match, my reply would have been a lot shorter

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
At High Plains and at the Tactical Shotgun matches I had troubles knocking over steel with the light 1145 fps low recoil Flight Control Buck. For paper the soft stuff is fast but like you say when you want knock down power gotta go full power. Now Im off to Cheaper Than Dirt to order the other stuff I should have had.

I distinctly remember one particular popper that would not go down with a solid hit with low recoil buck. You'd hit it and it would quiver, hit again and it would make you think it might go down, then you double tap it too slow it wouldn't go down. IIRC it took me 6 rounds to knock it over. Someone called for calibration and Kurt hit it, and it fell ever so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly, but it did go down. Those devious range masters. :devil:

As to that long of a shot with a pistol, that guy looked like the type to have had a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 or maybe a Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag. If he had something like that there would be no problem for the round and the gun to hang in that far, it's just up to the driver. I'd not think anything about sending a couple in that situation. I wouldn't really expect to hit, but if I could distract him and let the LEO get a bead on him or to a different/better position it would be worth the risk to me. I'd just make damn sure I didn't run myself dry.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't worry Kurt I had my wife read that one to me.

Scott I hit that popper 5 times and it just stared at me the fifth shot I think my shot hit about the same time a fly landed on it as it started to slowly go down. But it did that for everyone I. Seen shoot it with low recoil. If we have another such match I think ill bring some of the manly stuff for that target. Or just in case lol.

tbird63b

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking at that guy, and judging by his character. i would say a 6'' 44 mag. Just the way he refferred to it as "that old magnum" makes me think it wasn't a little snubby. Looks like a full size kinda feller.

Latest posts