Carry Gun Match November 6

sigforme

Well-Known Fanatic
David,
Great idea and it will be interesting to see how it works. I like the head shot idea for the 22 match.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
David,
just because i know it is going to come up, can people sign up for both .22 and handgun? or do they have to chose one?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
My example was incomplete, perhaps....

You can choose one match or division or both or two or any combination of two you can think of.

You can choose to shoot only .22,rifle for $20. You can shoot one Carrygun division for $20
You can shoot hicap Carrygun for $20 and add lo-cap Carrygun for another $10
You can shoot PDLL for $20 and add .22 rifle for another $10

Basically, any combo of two that you want. The first one is $20, the second one is another $10. You cannot shoot a second for $10 without shooting a first for $20.

The over riding factor here is the 40 slot cap, so I suggest shooting the gun you really want to shoot first, then see if there is room to add a second division.

If we have 40+ bodies there, we won't have "Second Shoot."

We can mark you down at sign up if you'd like to have a "Second Shoot," and we will go in order of sign-up, so sign up early!

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I know I don't need to say this, but one person can't buy a "second shoot" and give it to someone else.......

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Hey, who is in for .22 rifle??

My M&P 15-22 manual says not to dry fire it, I've shot it once at one of the rimfire matches, but it concerned me to drop the hammer after showing clear. Is there a solution to that, maybe a chamber flag inserted instead?

Do the Nordic uppers say not to dry fire them as well?

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
My M&P 15-22 manual says not to dry fire it, I've shot it once at one of the rimfire matches, but it concerned me to drop the hammer after showing clear. Is there a solution to that, maybe a chamber flag inserted instead?

Do the Nordic uppers say not to dry fire them as well?

Personally I have dry fired my 15-22 "a little" and I'm very conscious of the fact the firing pin is hitting the breach face each time but, I'm sure the manual is referring to constant dry firing like you can do with your pistol. The occasional dry fire should not hurt anything as sooner or later you are going to have relive the tension on the firing/trigger springs for storage. Since we see a variety of rifles at our matches we have used the "if clear hammer down, holster/muzzle up" command for both pistols and rifles, there are other rules out there like IMG rules that have a different safe state:

Rifles and shotguns must be cased, secured muzzle up or muzzle down in a stable gun cart/caddy, or carried slung with the muzzle up.
Actions must be open and detachable magazines removed. The use of high-visibility open bolt indicator devices is recommended as a
courtesy to other event participants.

Ether way works just not all rifles have a way to keep the action open without sticking something in the action. This would be a great question for David to see if he would like to further define the "safe" state of rifles

Wes

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
The firing pin "shouldn't" reach the breech face, but that doesn't mean that some don't. You could degrease the breech of an empty gun where the firing pin hits, place a very small sticker or piece of masking tape and pull the trigger. Check for a firing pin impression. If none, dry fire shouldn't be a problem. If there is, then don't dryfire.

My Nordic upper does not let the firing pin hit the breech face, but yours may.

Without going into the why's and wherefores, we will REQUIRE chamber flags. I will provide them free of charge if you don't have one.

"unload and show clear. If clear, flag it, muzzle up"

sigforme

Well-Known Fanatic
Count me in on low-cap and the 22 rifle this Sunday. My HK 416 22 is ready to go! Now if I can hit anything is another question....

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry I couln't make this one, but I'll be back form Norway for the 20th! See y'all then.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Thanks to David for another fun match. Think I'll bring the .22 rifle for the 2nd shoot next time.

Latest posts