Carry Gun Match December 18 - Heartland Outdoors

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Not trying to high-jack the thread, but David new gear, and I din't get to see it? Good thing, or I may have had something new on my Christmas list for the big man :a035: How about some pics and a write up? If you want an unbiased opion I could use that holster for a couple of matches and give feedback.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a great time watching last night, and believe me, the next match Ill be coming with my holster on. I really appreciate everyone helping my wife out and encouraging her, Ive been trying to get her out to shoot for a while and she kept saying she wasnt ready, but she finally gave in and you guys made it a great experience. I look forward to shooting with you guys again soon!

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I've asked Burk to make the announcement, as I'm on my phone. Hard to copy and paste.

Also, I thought the "Wrong Side" shooters would be scored separately?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
But you took up the challenge and I'll bet you even learned a few things.

I shot strong hand only and I know I learned a lot!

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
David, great match! I really did enjoy the wrong side challenge last night as it showed just how lame standard weak side practice is without some movement. While I did better than I thought I would it still felt all wrong and the timing was off. I kept having stupid little thoughts like "don't drop the gun" and "where did the front sight go" going through my head for the first couple of stages but the last stages felt "more normal" almost like I was starting over again. We should do this again some time.

Wes

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I have to agree with Wes. First couple of stages were what is going on this isnt right. Nothing like learning to adapt on the fly. The last two stages I think I kept up and did well though, but far from shooting strong side free style.
Yes we should do this again and I hope I have a quality holster by then though that old Fobus served well considering it was what was on hand.