Carry Gun Match December 18 - Heartland Outdoors

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I will not be able to attend this match,
I have just been drafted to be a driver for our youth group Christmas party.
You guys be safe and have fun. :D

If I get to shoot the match for free; Ill bring $15 worth of cookies with me. If not, David; go find your apron and start cookin!

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
First of all, no one wants $15 worth of your cookies. Besides, the match fee is $20

Second of all, no one wants $50 worth of MY cookies!

Let's hope Ken's wife is in the Christmas spirit!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Can I shoot .22 for both shoots?
If so, does anyone have an extra mag or 2 for a Ruger MKIII 22/45 I could borrow?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I don't have a lefty holster for it so I'll have to start from low ready, but I'm in for the wrong side challenge.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
I'm using a right hand IWB holster on my left side, so I'm sort of faking it.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Weak side challenge was fun. Surprised myself on some shots, did poor on others, which is what I expected.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Like to thank David and all the SOs and scorekeepers. Matched moved surely and we got finished in good order.
It was a fun match as the last two had been for me. I appreciate those that are helpful and willing to chat it up, makes a much more enjoyable match.
Man let me tell you I need practice and that was I think Davids point as in what if something happened to your primary hand / arm - what cha going to do then? Then it's to late to start practicing. For those that just wanted to hose that was acceptable as well and there was some hosing going on! I bet I had more fun trying to draw weak side and worse trying to shot weak side. Saw a lot of improvement in myself and others as the match went along.

Well it is anther one in the books, everyone shot a safe match, and I hope everyone made it back home safely as well.
For those that didn't make the match or left quick the Jan match (1st one) and a training class was asked about:, I believe David will post something in reference to those two issues at some undisclosed later date ;-)

Again thanks to everyone who had a hand in supporting the match and MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd like to give a round of applause for everyone who came out to shoot this match. And another one for those that accepted the "Wrong Side Challenge!" very impressive, guys! You knew your overall score would suffer, but decided the experience was worth it.

As noted, due to an injury to my left hand, I shot the match strong hand only, but heads up with everyone else, but not the wrong side crew. I chose a gun I thought was best suited for one-hand-only use; a Glock 17-C. I used my brand new design pancake holster, the "Warrior Elite" and shot all stages from concealment. It was a very interesting experience. Now I have to practice using both hands again!

2011 was a great year at the Carrygun Match and 2012 will have some exciting challenges.

There WIILL BE A MATCH ON NEW YEARS DAY!!

Stay tuned for details.

Latest posts