Calibers for Fall Shootzenfest

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
The Shootzenfest is open to all...We just hope they want to join the Forum after the Shootzenfest...

Steve

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
[I would have a Walther P22 suppressed but the slide on the gun cracked in half.]

ill be bringing a P22 to monopilize the use of your 22 can and adapter. it will also fit my 22 upper in full auto. thats fun and a half.

and m16maniac, how long is the bbl on the 762x51 suppressed bolt gun?

bring on the MP5-K. love it. that would be my 2nd machine gun if money were no object.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I just got the adapter for the barrel on my GSG 1911 .22. It now has the 1/2"X28 thread, I also bought the adapters for the mags to make them hold 14 rounds instead of 10...

SOOOOO...if anyone has an extra ,22 supressor...they can try the GSG...I like it. It is a good shooter..

I would buy a suppressor...but, I will not tie up money then wait 6 months for a stamp...

Steve

M16MANIAC

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the correction there Clicker. Guess ill break out my 22 cans. I only have three but I do have a 10-22 with a intragal suppressor, i just don't have a sight on it.
Remember subsonics work best with the 22's but standard rounds will usually stay subsonic in 3.5'' barrels.
My 308 has a 20'' barrel on it :D

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Always happy to help brother!
Now as to why you don't have any optics on that 10/22...............well bring it by and we can slap something on top of it.
I've got a few scopes collecting dust in the garage.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
300BLK pistol isn't ready yet, will still be bringing a lot of subsonic ammo for it thought.

Have acquired a Taurus PT92, now with a threaded barrel (only had it for under 4 days!). Sounds really good with Jeff's subsonic 9mm loads through my Osprey 45. It will be at shootzenfest.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Welll...I traded off the GSG 1911-.22 with suppresor adpter...So, guess it will not be there.

I now have a Maadi AK-47...It looks nice. Can't wait to shoot it at Shootzenfest...

Steve

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
At this point I am working Friday night, so will not be able to attend. Mixing firearms with sleep deprivation just sounds like a bad idea to me. However Enjay plans on showing up, and will be bringing a few of our toys with her. Right now those include the calico m100 (AKA the Spaceballs rifle)(.22 mini-mag recommended if you want to shoot it), and the FNP90 (AKA the Stargate SG1 gun) (5.7x28mm (dibs on the brass ?), available at ATP and Ammo dump as of last week, unfortunately east coast was sold out when I looked, but that was about 2 weeks ago).

The AR .410 may be along for the ride if I can talk her into it (federal premium self defense 2 ? recommend. The mag is very picky about what 410 ammo will work, so far we?ve only found that the federal self defense ammo works reliably), and if you ask nice she might bring her M1 carbine (30 carbine, haven?t found anything that doesn?t work yet). Or don?t even ask. Just offhand suggest you might possibly at some point in the future consider being interested in it. It is one of her pride and joy guns, and rightfully so after the amount of work she put into the stock.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
So I found some garand fodder. I was looking for 124g 9mm winchester white box and all I could seem to find at several different wally worlds was 115 grain - did I miss something, and they stopped making the 124g ammo?

If not, where in the lowcountry is a good place to get that sort of cheap range ammo?

I would like to try a few different pocket 9mms this Saturday, but all my ammo is either reloaded or carry ammo. My carry is Federal 124g HST or Hydrashok 124g, so I would much rather test-shoot the same weight.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I just shot up 1000 rounds of 147 FMJ.ammo. I bought it about a month ago. It was Aguila or whatever,,,I got it delivered to the door for $214.00 I thought that was a great deal... I got it at the Armory.....But, the price has went up by $60.00 now.

I just bought 124 grain from from S.G. Ammo. The same Aguila...delivered to the house for $214.00

I am shooting this ammo in my M&P Shield, my KelTec PF9, and my full sized M&P 9mm...

I will have both pistols at Shootzenfest if you want to try them out.

Steve

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes on the trying out, assuming I find some ammo locally. I might just break down and get the brick of 115g - I can always go visit Clicker, his 9mm NFA AR makes that round go away pretty quickly.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Found RWS 9x19 124 grain FMJ at Sports Authority for $13.99/50 on sale (since they seem to be switching everything to 115 grain). No other weights at the store - 115 in FMJ or these.

.22 - 9mm - .30-06 - 7.5 swiss - 6.8SPC - looks like I'm good to go.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
rotarymike said:
Found RWS 9x19 124 grain FMJ at Sports Authority for $13.99/50 on sale (since they seem to be switching everything to 115 grain). No other weights at the store - 115 in FMJ or these.

.22 - 9mm - .30-06 - 7.5 swiss - 6.8SPC - looks like I'm good to go.

what? no 5.56 to shoot in my machine gun?

no 308 to shoot in my AR-10?

no slugs to shoot in my SBS?

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
I spent 13 years shooting M16s. Kinda lost the shiny on that one.

Shot an AR-10 last time (hell, might have been yours). Not shooting another one is my way of ignoring the fact that I can't afford one :)

SBS - interesting, and I might trade you some $ for a few shots. But again, in my head I'm saving for the Saiga, drum, and slidefire stock :)

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
what? no 5.56 to shoot in my machine gun?
no 308 to shoot in my AR-10?
no slugs to shoot in my SBS?
I got some 40 round magazines to try out in your M4 :D

For me: 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp, 5.56, .300BLK (super & subs), .308, .30-06, 7.62x54R, 6.5 Swiss, CCI Minimags, 12ga slug, 12ga birdshot.
Maybe more, not sure if I can find any 5.7x28 locally (at good prices).

Latest posts