Calibers for Fall Shootzenfest

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
If the date works for my family, I'll be there with 6.8SPC in an AR.

9mm
7.62x54R (91/30, so cheap ammo OK by me)
7.5x55 (woo)
8mm Mauser - I might allow reloads if you give me specs beforehand, otherwise US commercial or Prvi

I'd love to shoot some of the revolvers that are looking to show, but it's silly to buy a box of 50 to shoot 6 rounds. Would it be worth it for folks bringing desireables to have a $/round equivalent? I'd be happy to give someone some cash for their ammo - and that way, they are SURE that they approve of what is going in their gun.

I'm that way with all of mine - not that they're rare - except the 6.8. I need the brass :)

Also: I will buy a box of Garand fodder as I've never shot one and am considering a CMP one when the Korean returns show up. What am I looking for? I know they can't shoot modern higher power rounds.

Also Also: anyone with compact/concealable 9mms please bring them. My Sig P6 is a little heavy for the role and I'm considering things like the LC9 and Kahr.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
My Garand will be there. I shoot Surplus ammo in her. It is best not to shoot anything heavier than 150 grain in the Garand...
I also have to warn you....you will be bitten by the Garand bug...

I have a Kahr P9 that should be there...If I still own it. I also have a Kel Tec PF9. I am really liking the PF9...I should have a Glock model 26 there, also.

You can try all 3 of them...

I am trying to pick up a M&P Shield, also...But, don't have one yet...

Steve

dreamerofdreams

Well-Known Fanatic
Can't say I can come till I have a date...But does anyone have an M1A? I think I want one but would like to get my paws on one before I pull the trigger (and say goodbye to my pennies!).

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
dreamerofdreams said:
Can't say I can come till I have a date...But does anyone have an M1A? I think I want one but would like to get my paws on one before I pull the trigger (and say goodbye to my pennies!).

my neighbor will probably be there. he has a Scout and i have an AR-10. compare or buy both. id like to have a Socom 16 or Scout.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
AR-10 308
AR-15 auto 223, 5.56
9mm
762x39
12 ga sbs (ok birdshot is allowed) do you want the pistol grip or the stock?

mine will shoot any bullets you have except the steel jacketed ones. can anyone get some of the chalk rds the Army uses?
Bob, will you bring the 40 mm grenade,smoke launcher?

ill bet extra furing strips and cardboard for targets would be appreciated if you have some.

its like getting ready for Christmas.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
*cough*
Changed my mind on tracking the .22's
Have added a "rimfire" section in my second post in the thread.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
It cycles ok on my slide fire stock until the barrel gets hot, then I get extraction problems. I imagine with an m16 bolt carrier it would do the same on any registered lower.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Paco we could have the following rifles set up with 22 conversion kits to shoot full auto:
(2) M16's - mine & HarperJT's
(1) HK 91 - DDSII
(1) HK 51K - HarperJT

Also there should be a few 22 suppressors there on various host pistols and rifles so subsonic 22LR ammo is always in vogue.

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker said:
Hey Paco we could have the following rifles set up with 22 conversion kits to shoot full auto:
(2) M16's - mine & HarperJT's
(1) HK 91 - DDSII
(1) HK 51K - HarperJT

Also there should be a few 22 suppressors there on various host pistols and rifles so subsonic 22LR ammo is always in vogue.

Maybe I'll bring my slidefire on a normal lower (I've got one I'm building for my wife) and see how the .22LR converted uppers do. I'm strongly considering keeping my for-sale PSA lower to make a dedicated .22LR/.223 fun gun while I can still buy drums for it.

M16MANIAC

Well-Known Fanatic
I will bring the following
HK USP tactical 40 suppressed
AR15 in 338 Spectre suppressed
AR15 in 5.56 and 6.8 specII both suppressed
Left hand SPR AR in 5.56 suppressed
Glock 21 :( need threaded barrel, not suppressed.
Vector 53 /5.56 and Vector 51/ 7.62 x 51, will be borrowing someones sear pack on these :twisted:
I would have a Walther P22 suppressed but the slide on the gun cracked in half. Will still bring at least one 22 can though.
Heavy barreled 7.62x51 bolt gun suppressed
maybe i'll have my HK MP5-K clone by then
LOOOOOOOOOTS of AMMO to BLAST!!!!!!

dhayden81

Well-Known Fanatic
anyone have a 338, i would LOVE to shoot one of these, even if i have to sell my soul for this!!! This will be my first fest so I am excited to say the least. Is it ok to bring non forum members or is this not encouraged? I also want to make sure i have this right, bring what you have and if there is anything that you would like to shoot than bring ammo for that?

Latest posts