Brand New Kimber Stainless Target II 10mm is semi "Full Auto"

Bare45

Fanatic
So excited to get this gun after 10 long days (California) waiting for it. I took it to the range, loaded up some target ammo, safety off, point, press, bang. To my surprise there were 2 holes in the target even though it sounded like one shot. Hmmm... Pulled the trigger again. One new hole. Pulled the trigger again. One new hole. And again.... wait for it.... 4 new holes!!!

No, not double-tap. I train with Front Sight in Nevada. They teach excellent push-pull pressure and trigger finger discipline. I'll resist the temptation to consider myself lucky and keep it this way. Gun goes back to Kimber. Sad to be without her for a while. Maybe they'll tell me what is causing this ;-)

Bare45

Fanatic
Ok, ZoidMeister, I'm the new guy so I deserve that. No, not Frangible.

And no trigger job, Bender. Fresh from the factory in all counts.

The Collector

Active Fanatic
Wait!!!! ..... Does Calif. authorities know you have a full auto? ... well, sometimes?

****email to Senaor Feinstein****
CC: Senator Flake

dakota1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought a Kimber Target Elite II back in 2002. It had a great trigger. I usually don't even measure the trigger break till a pistol has had at least a couple hundred rounds through it. With this guy I took it home and immediately got out the Lyman digital gauge. The trigger broke at 3.4 lbs. After a couple thousand rounds of 45ACP I was shooting it one day and it doubled. I stopped shooting it, took it home and found out the still wonderful trigger now broke at 2.3 lbs. Yes, I could have fixed it but I decided to use it as the bottom for 22cal conversion units. Below with a Kimber unit and if I had that to do over I would have ordered the blued not silver Kimber conversion unit.

Anyway a few years ago a shooty buddy wanted it and I sold it to him, but he did not want the 22 conversion, which is O.K. as I have other bottoms to use with it.

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
If you haven't sent the gun back yet, can you post a pic? Good luck, Thx...

Bare45

Fanatic
Well, here is the outcome. Kimber turned around the repair quickly and professionally. This is what they wrote:

Your pistol has been inspected and evaluated for the claims reported. We performed the following repairs: sear, hammer and recoil spring replaced. Refinished Barrel, chamber reamed and Polished. It was test-fired with the following ammo after repair three mags of double tap DT defense 180 grain FMJ 10 mm. One mag of Federal HydYourra-Shok 180 grain jacketed hollow-point 10 mm.

deadguy

Active Fanatic
I had one of these a few years ago, and ran it hard with hot ammo. It will do well by you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts