Blocked Forums

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
The first "internet" forums (back during the DOS days) were 'c> prompt' Bulletin Boards on a green mono-chrome monitor! [emoji23]

When the number of Bulletin Boards broke about the two hundred quantity level, I thought, "boy(!), there's going to be no stopping this thing. Pretty soon, they're going to have a Bulletin Board covering every topic under the sun!" I wasn't sure my five megabyte hard disk drive could keep up!

DOS.....I wasn't smart enough to use that when it was the "in thang"

Captain Blood

Fanatic
If your at work noodling around on internet forums, that isn't working.
If your working 100 hours a week and noodling around on internet forums you got a severe time management problem.
No reflection on your work ethic, more a comment on sleep depravation.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
If your at work noodling around on internet forums, that isn't working.
If your working 100 hours a week and noodling around on internet forums you got a severe time management problem.
No reflection on your work ethic, more a comment on sleep depravation.

Meh,.......it's really dependent upon the actual job position and duties required. Years ago, I worked a five on, two off, then a four on three off schedule. I was AT the job site the entire time. Did that for years. Needless to say, with 24 hours in a day and about four hours of ACTUAL work each day, a guy had a considerable amount of down time. I suggest you hold your judgements unless you know his/her actual job description and duties required. Many people have positions where you are sitting by, have no work until something breaks or the crap hits the fan.

Just sayin.......

Captain Blood

Fanatic
I get that, I've also had jobs where I had extended periods of downtime when I usually found things to do to be productive. You lead by example. Course I was unorthodox in that I never held myself to a "job description" I often times did things that were outside the parameters to my responsibility. I agree, everyone is different.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I get that, I've also had jobs where I had extended periods of downtime when I usually found things to do to be productive. You lead by example. Course I was unorthodox in that I never held myself to a "job description" I often times did things that were outside the parameters to my responsibility. I agree, everyone is different.

Well, there are positions in secure environments where you simply can't lean forward. I just simply meant that unless you know the particulars of an individual's job, please refrain from passing judgement.

Think of a fire fighter. If there is no fire, he/she has little to do. They can't simply preform a tire rotation on the fire truck when they care to do so because they want to perform outside their job description.