Black rifle pic thread

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
FieldAR_zpse4fe605f.jpg

Updated picture...new Billet WMA lower, although it may be hard to see due to the shadowing.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for posting my AR toys...

The top one is an M4 PSA with a carry handle mounted ACOG.

Second one is a Bushmaster Carbon 15 plastic gun. Has Magpul furniture and flip up sights.

The third one is Rock River M4 with a Strike Fire sight

The last is my AR Pistol 7 1/2" chrome lined PSA upper with a military grade green laser for sights the lower is a Delton with PSA kit. Has a 4" Buffer system from Gunsmoke Inc.

Hope you like the family.

Steve

Gamecock24

Well-Known Fanatic
I may catch hell for this buts It's Rustoleum Flat Soft Iron metallic spray paint. It should last until I can get this thing cerakoted but maybe it will hold up better than I think. Best part is it's cheap and I've read acetone will take it right off.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
No hell catching here. I've spray painted rifles before. Usually in earth tones but whatever. To protect it some (and still be able to remove with acetone) get a spray on clear coat. I used a matte finish to knock down any sheen but there are clear semi gloss and gloss versions.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
It appears you've turned a Coharie into a Tavor.
Now you just need to bring it out to the next 'Fest so we can help you break her in.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I handled a Tavor a couple weeks ago, owned by the proprietor of Innovative Arms. Felt good even with a 5.56 mini can on the end although compared to an AR, the body/stock felt thick and it was hard to get ahold of magazine releases for a combat reload. I'm sure that can be overcome with some training...just a different manual of arms is all.

Avtomat-Acolyte

Well-Known Fanatic
Geraldmirs said:
We proudly use a CMC Triggers Corp. trigger in every one of our model 1836 rifles. These triggers, like our rifles, are proudly made in the great state of Texas. By far our favorite trigger. And after you use one, it'll be yours too.

No.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Geraldmirs said:
We proudly use a CMC Triggers Corp. trigger in every one of our model 1836 rifles. These triggers, like our rifles, are proudly made in the great state of Texas. By far our favorite trigger. And after you use one, it'll be yours too.

Are you affiliated with the Texas Black Rifle Company Inc. I've read about them. If you have more info please start a thread about them and enlighten us.

Thanks, Dave

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
My solid black AR was begging for a change. I've rattle canned some rifles before but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do an entire field camo job on this one....

image_zps993c862b.jpg

image_zps6f662ed5.jpg

image_zps82844b71.jpg

It's Rustoleum Dark Taupe and matches Magpul's FDE perfectly

image_zps91e8a169.jpg

Finished product:
image_zps2cdc9730.jpg

image_zps35483317.jpg

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Midnight Raver said:
kg4kpg said:
Wood is installed, ready for the range. Not 100% sure I like it though.

9e7635598a9306c14a0519964235b1f5_zps3e70c62f.jpg

Definitely nice, got a wooden horizontal or vertical foregrip to go with it? :ugeek:

Ala Thompson SMG? Looks great Chris. I like the skinny forearm.

Latest posts