Black rifle pic thread

heymatthew

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
how did you get it to float in the air like that?

nice rifle.

Thanks man! I actually just put two shelf brackets in the wall and then used some 20+ Pound picture-hanging wire (the plastic coated kind) and hung the rifle from the barrel and the buffer tube. I used a small cardboard box behind the rifle to keep it pushed away from the wall to eliminate the shadows and photographed it using a DSLR and two flashes off-camera (one with an umbrella, one bounced off the ceiling to fill in the background a bit). Then I just clipped it out in photoshop and dropped in a background. I did a Mini 14 the same way and it turned out a bit better. Still pretty happy with this one.

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been tinkering with a Mosin Nagant and I wanted to post a pic of it. It still have a little work to do with the feed on it. I am thinking about having Rich at D&R Gun Smithing take a look at it, but it's quite a nice shooter. Shoots 7.63 x 54R
The Monte Carlo stock and a long eye relief scope makes it a lot more fun to shoot than in original condition.
I plan to bring it to the ShootzenFest.

Hey Fordnut, do you recognize 'er?

Pops
;)
Nagant2.jpg

PANZER22

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice AKs..................I have the wood furniture for the one I posted.........I am going to see how well it groups with the polymer and may switch back to the wood which did well at 100 yards.

It is great to know that you are in business locally and I will definitely ask to visit.

Dan

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm interested in the AAC Brakeout on the one AK. I want to see what partners up with that little muzzle device. :mrgreen:

Dayman

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome pics. I will try to get my stag on here later. I have a psd striped lower and just got a spikes lpk. After seeing these beauties I'm more confused than ever on what to build :D

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
photo-5_zpsaea58fdc.jpg

My pair of ARs. My accurized version and my light and loud build in FDE that needs a rail and a new trigger.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Tuck that right elbow in and you're all set. Is that a piece of tubing welded on with a suppressor under it to get out of an SBR stamp? I can't see the end of the muzzle in the photo. Curious on the details...

PapaBear

Well-Known Fanatic
11B3XCIB said:
Tuck that right elbow in and you're all set. Is that a piece of tubing welded on with a suppressor under it to get out of an SBR stamp? I can't see the end of the muzzle in the photo. Curious on the details...

LOL on the elbow. I pose for a pic and do it all wrong.....

That is actually a Kinetitech barrel shroud. I bought it from a friend for my 15-22 but it looked good on the PSA so it went on there for a while. It's too damn heavy so it came off rather quickly. It's really just for looks.

The rifle started life as a PSA carbine, base model. All the duracoat and new parts were done by myself. Was my first attempt at a "custom" looking rifle. She shoots nice, even with the $100 optic I stole off of a 10-22, lol.

heymatthew

Well-Known Fanatic
A new image of my first AR build. I photographed it by hanging it on the wall using some cord. I photoshopped the background and cords out and then applied the background using some brushes I purchased a while back. I think it turned out pretty nicely. Details of the gun are below the photo... Comments, thoughts and opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

9064270544_2439af0464_b.jpg

Surplus Ammo & Arms Lower
Palmetto State Armory LPK
Palmetto State Armory M4 Upper
Bravo Company Machine BCG
Magpul Furniture
Hogue Grip
Burris Fullfield 2-7x
Burris P.E.P.R. Mount

Latest posts